Chapter 24: Perpetual

(Warning: Cringe)
Akira's POV:

It was a soft whatever I was laying on.

Opening my eyes, I found myself under the soft covers of pristine white sheets of a duvet upon a soft mattress. Sitting up, I see that I am in one of the guest rooms in the mountain. I think it was the same one I hid in when I was hiding from the Red androids.

Kurama, what did you do? I questioned the bijuu inside me.

Nothing, just knocked you out for a few hours, you needed to sleep some more. He said so flippantly.

I scowled. You didn't.

They had to know.

But that doesn't give you the right to show them my life without my consent.

It's been nearly a year since it happened and you still won't talk to anyone about them. I've given you time to compute it, but you just keep bottling it up. It's not healthy, you need someone to talk to. If you are going to risk your life for these people, then they should know why you do so.

That doesn't mean that you can highjack my head and knock me out! I was fuming at my friend, though right now that was debatable.

The only one you are hurting is yourself. You need help, not suffer in solitude. Now stop complaining and let me sleep. It took a lot of Chakra to heal you, now let me rest.

KURAMA! But my call was unheard as I felt the presence fade away from my mind. I groaned in disdain at the predicament. I knew he was right, but I still didn't like the fact that they now knew about everything. The last thing I need is for them to be all up in my business.

I look at the nightstand and look at the time. It was 5 in the morning. Few hours my ass, I slept all night.

Sighing, I get out of bed. I'm too worked up to fall back asleep, might as well do something useful.

Getting out from the warm covers of the bed and making it back to its well kept self. I head to the bathroom first to wash-up.

Turning on the light, I can see my reflection in the mirror. I looked horrendous. My hair was disheveled as well as the clothes which were the same ones to the ones that Robin had given me earlier. My cheek were a bit sunken from the lack of real nutrients other than the IV and I seemed pastier than usual. The only thing that looked okay were my eyes, I no longer had the dark circles that became so prominent on my face as of lately. I guess there was one good thing that came out of Kurama's takeover.

Taking off my clothes, I caught a whiff of something like a pinewood from the hoodie, calming my senses. Stepping into the shower I took the best shower in my life.

After showering and brushing my teeth with a spares they had under the sink. I slipped back into the same clothes as before, not having any spare of my own. Also reattaching my gear. I reenter the bedroom and looked over at the clock, reading 5:30 am now.

Exiting the room, I head over to the zetatubes.

If I get back to Tokyo in time, I might be able to get to my apartment and find my old Anbu gear and shroud. I can still wear my visor, but it will be a while before I can get or repair my gear. All my backups seemed to always get burnt or ripped to shreds.

As I enter the main room, I am greeted with the Dark knight's back facing towards me as he types away at the computer. when I get closer, he slightly turns his head back to catch a glimpse of me before he refocusing on the screen. He's getting better at sensing my presence, I'm barefooted too.