~Chapter One~

"Have you been able to race yet?" my best friend Natalie asked me over the phone.

"No, but that's ok. I'm the reserve driver, I'm there in case something happens to either Daniel or Lando, you know that" I replied, tying my hair into a ponytail.

"Iz..." she sighed. "You should really try and get yourself out there. Racing in f1 is your dream. How do you know this isn't holding you back?"

"Nat, I'm ok I promise. I'm loving travelling with the team and hey, I'm still getting to drive the car when there's some free time. I get to practice on the track, I get to train and everything. I'm not worried. And if something happened to Daniel or Lando I'll be ready"

"Ok" I could hear the disappointment in her voice. She's heard about my f1 dreams for years. "How are things at McLaren anyway?"

"As good as they can be I guess. Daniel and I found a way to get some Australian snacks and we've been eating those" I giggled lightly, remembering the argument we had the other day over me not liking cherry ripes.

Daniel and I are both from Australia. It's good to have someone from the same country as you when you're travelling around the world, it makes things a little bit easier.

"You and Lando still not getting along?" she asked.

"We never have and probably never will. Ever since we were kids and used to race each other, we've just never gotten along" I shrugged, picking up the phone and taking it off speaker, placing it to my ear.

I walked over to the McLaren hospitality and grabbed a coffee, then sat down at a table.

"It's kind of funny though don't you think?" Natalia said.

"What is?"

"That you and Lando don't get along, but if something were to happen to him you're the one that takes his place until he gets back. You're the one that's gotta carry the team and he has to trust you with that" she said, laughing. "It's kind of ironic"

"I guess. That doesn't really bother me. If I had to race for him one day, then my main goal would be to perform the best that I can and do well for the team"

"And to be better than Lando" she stated. I could feel her smirk through the screen.

I rolled my eyes and ignored the statement.

We were currently in France. Everyone was getting prepped for the first practice of the event. This first practice was always one of the most important, with making sure the tires work well, everything is ok and the driver feels comfortable.

"They're getting ready for the first practice," I told Natalie on the phone. "I'm going to watch from the garage"

"Ok girl, text me later" she said.

"Will do. Bye" I said and hung up the phone, placing it back in my pocket. I picked up my coffee cup and started making my way to the garage.

When I got there I noticed Daniel and his team were getting him prepped, Daniel looking over and giving me a small wave which I returned with a smile. I looked over at Lando's side and I couldn't see him. His team was there but he wasn't.

I looked around to find Zak but he wasn't there either. Where are they?

As I was walking over to Daniel to wish him luck, I heard my name being called.

"Isabelle! Is Isabelle in here?"

I turned around and saw Zak walking into the garage.

"Yeah, I'm here. Is everything ok?" I questioned.

"You need to get into your gear now" he stated.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"

"You're racing for Lando today, I'll explain later. You're up" he said, ushering me out of the garage.

My heart started racing, but a massive smile spread across my face. It's finally my turn.

                                               ☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★