~Chapter Fifty One~

"No...ew...definitely not" I muttered to myself as I was putting different pieces of clothing in front of me to see if I liked anything. I heard the door click as it closed shut. "That's even worse" I said with a disgusted look on my face, as I threw the ugly dress across the room.

"What on earth is happening in here," Natalie's voice was heard behind me. I turned around and saw her looking around my hotel room. "It looks like a bombs gone off in here"

I turned back around and kept digging through my suitcase. "I'm trying to figure out what to wear. He won't tell me where we're going so I have absolutely no idea what I'm meant to wear"

"Did he say anything about a dress code?" she asked, stepping over the obstacle of clothes on the floor.

"Just to wear something fancy" I answered, holding up another dress in front of me, observing how it looked in the mirror. 

When Natalie finally reached me she bent down to the ground and started going through my suitcase. She looked like she was looking for something specific. "Did you bring it?"

"Bring what?" I asked with a confused expression.

"The dress"

I chuckled. "Yeah, like that narrows it down"

"Sorry...it was slim, black...uh ha!" she said, pulling out this long black dress that I bought when we went out shopping the other week.

I shook my head. "I can't wear that. It's only for special occasions"

"This is pretty special," she said, handing me the dress. "You've never worn it, you're going somewhere fancy tonight, and this dress is beautiful. He's going to want to be all over you in a matter of seconds"

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks a little. I slowly took the dress from her and walked into the bathroom without making any eye contact. I did my makeup and hair before I looked for an outfit, so I carefully manoeuvre out of my clothing and into this black dress. She was right, I looked good. The dress fit my body perfectly, with the silk of the dress reflecting the light perfectly. It reached the bottom of my ankles and I slipped on some silver shoes that were already in the bathroom. I touched up my hair a little bit before walking out. 

"Thoughts?" I asked.

Natalie's eyes widened as she saw me fully dressed up. "I knew I made the right decision when I forced you to buy that dress"

"I guess it looks alright"

"Shut up," she laughed. "You know it looks great"

There was a small knock at the hotel door. I scurried over to the bed and picked up my phone to check the time. "Shit" I mumbled. "He's on time"

"Oh how dare he be on time" Natalie mocked.

I picked up the pillow next to me and threw it at her, knocking her backwards a little bit. I grabbed my purse and made my way to the door. As I opened it, I saw Lando standing there in a black suit.

"Damn, so we must be going real fancy if you're in a suit Mr Norris" I teased.

"Was just going to take you to Mcdonalds" he shrugged. I shook my head with a small laugh and walked out of the room and shut the door behind me. "Can I just say how gorgeous you look tonight. It's not often I get to see you so dressed up, I would love to see it more"

I couldn't hide the small smile that was on my face. The things this boy does to my heart. "You don't look too bad yourself Lando"

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

"This place is beautiful" I said in awe as I looked around the restaurant that Lando had taken me to. It had dull lighting, with the tables lit by candles. The walls were painted black and the tables were black with a bit of white marble throughout. The chairs had red velvet lining, making them stand out. I looked out the window and saw that we were several stories high. The lights of the city building and cars were lighting up the view.

"Wanted to take you to the best restaurant in town" he replied, proud of himself for his choice.

The waiter took us to a table that was right near the window. I sat down, placing the strap of my purse on the chair. I turned my attention to the beautiful view in front of us. It looked so busy but so calm at the same time. I couldn't help but wonder what all those people were doing right now. Where they were going, who they were with. "It's beautiful," I said quietly.

"Not as beautiful as my view" I turned my head towards Lando and saw that he was looking at me. I didn't know how to respond, my witty remarks just weren't coming out. Instead I blushed and looked down with an awkward little laugh. "You're adorable when you don't know what to do"

"Shush" was all I managed to say before picking up the menu and looking through the food that was available.

After a couple minutes we decided on what we were going to order. Lando called over a waiter and they took our order, then told us they wouldn't be too long and walked away to put our order through.

"Are you enjoying being part of the F1 community?" Lando asked, making conversation.

"I love it," I smiled. "The fans are way more supportive than I thought they would be about having a girl in the sport. Actually being able to race in F1 this year, instead of just sitting back and watching is so surreal. It hasn't really gone through my head just yet"

"I don't think you'll ever get used to the thrill that this sport brings you," he added. "Every time you get into the car you never know what's going to unfold. Yeah, you'll have a plan but it's always so unpredictable"

"If I told myself when I first started karting that I would be where I am today, I would've laughed in my face"

Lando laughed. "You probably would've flipped your hair and walked off with that little sassy attitude of yours"

I gasped a little, trying to hide my smile. "I do not have a sassy attitude"

"Mmmhmmm" he hummed with a smirk, picking up his drink and taking a sip.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes.

"Point proven" Lando laughed.

"Shut up" I chuckled.

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

As we got further into the night, the closer our date was to finishing. We had arrived back at my hotel and we were walking back to my room. We were both silent while going up the elevator, trying to savour everything that had happened tonight. We made it back to my room and we stood there, neither of us saying anything. I looked him in the eyes and smiled softly. I had some weird boost of confidence in me, and before I could think about it twice, I had already leaned in placing my lips on his. It was just a short, sweet little kiss, but he kissed me back. When I pulled away I looked at him with a soft smile. "Thanks Lando, I had a great time"

I turned around and opened my hotel door, seeing Natalie asleep on my bed. "Does this mean we'll get another date?" he asked.

"I would love that"

"I'll see you soon," Lando said, walking backwards down the hallway.

"Goodnight Lando"

"Goodnight Isabelle"

I walked into my room, closing the door behind me. I slipped off my shoes and quickly changed into something comfortable, removing my makeup and brushing through my hair. I quietly climbed into bed, trying not to wake my best friend but I failed. She turned around and half opened her eyes. She looked up at me and sleepily asked, "how was it?"

I smiled at her then answered. "It was like a dream"

 ☆ ゜・ 。。・ ゜゜・ 。。・ ゜★

Hey guys, long time no see. So sorry for not posting for MONTHS. I don't know what my posts will be like, probably not consistent. I lost a bit of my motivation and felt like writing a bit today, but it's only something small and not my best work. Thanks for staying with my guys. 

This book has over 200K reads which is fucking amazing. I love you all, thanks for your patience. Good things to come :)