~Chapter Eighteen~

"Pierre Gasly" I smiled as I walked in the entrance of the karting centre in Belgium.

"Hey!" He turned around and smiled when he saw me.

"How've you been? How was your break?" I asked after I gave him a hug.

"It was really relaxing. I really needed a break for a while" he replied.

"I feel ya" I laughed lightly.

We started walking towards the outdoor area where the track was. As I looked around the place, it reminded me of my childhood and going to karting races with my dad.

"What about you?" he questioned. "How was Australia?"

"It was really nice to be back home. Makes me miss not living there anymore, but England is just kind of closer to things I guess" I said with a small shrug.

"I get that, being home is one of the best holidays anyone could ask for" he smiled softly.

We walked outside and there was a camera crew setting their equipment up. Even though this video wasn't going to be posted for a while, they like to be prepared.

"Guessing this is going to be filmed" I said, taking my helmet out of my bag.

"Yep" he responded. "They want to post this video on youtube. Get you out there a little bit"

"Scary," I replied.

"It'll be fine. Just be prepared for people to take screenshots and make memes out of it" he laughed a little.

"I'm already used to that" I laughed too. "I've been in a few videos with the meme god himself"

"Lando?" Pierre questioned, zipping up his suit.

"That's the guy," I answered, giving him a small smile.

"What is going on between you and Lando?" he asked, taking me off guard a little.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows. Does everyone think we're together or something?

"You guys have just been have just been really close recently," Pierre shrugged.

"Lando and I are just friends. That's all we'll ever be" I stated.

"Well good"

"Good?" I questioned, looking at him.

"Because if I ever choose to ask you out then he won't  be in the way" he winked.

I laughed softly and looked away, feeling a small amount of warmth creeping onto my cheeks. "We'll see Pierre, we'll see"

* ✷ ⊹ * ˚

"Told you I'd win" I smiled as I took my helmet off.

"You beat me this once. Wait until we're out on the track next season" he teased.

"It'll be equal competition then. Same car" I said, taking my race suit off and fixing my shirt that was underneath.

"I'm still going to win," he smirked.

"Big ego aye? I can't seem to go anywhere without that" I laughed a little.

"It's a racer thing" he shrugged, taking his shirt off and changing into another one.

I couldn't help my eyes wandering over to his bare chest. I scanned his body and then quickly looked away, focusing back on what I was doing.

"Like what you see?" he joked with a small laugh.