~Chapter Forty~

My body started feeling heavy as I found myself waking up. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the room. It took me a few seconds to remind myself that I stayed the night at Lando's. The main indicator was that it was not my room, and the other was that his arm was wrapped around my waist.

I don't know how this happens. The last time we shared a bed, we woke up in this exact same position. His arm tightly secured over my waist and one of his legs on top of my leg.

I was comfortable. Very comfortable. I knew that I should get out of bed and get a move on with my day, but I quite enjoyed this. 

A loud alarm started ringing throughout the room. I let out a sigh when I realised that it was my phone, so I reached over and pressed the stop button. As soon as it was quiet, Lando pulled me back towards him, putting us back in the position we were just in.

"Sorry, I forgot to turn it off last night" I said quietly because of how early it was.

"Mmm" he hummed. "That's ok"

My eyes widened at the sound of his morning voice. It was dry and husky, but it was unique. I liked it.

"I should probably get up though" I said, removing his arm from my waist and sitting up.

"No" he whined, pulling me back down.

"Lando," I laughed.

"Just five more minutes" he said, nestling his head into the pillow more.

I let out a small sigh and turned over so that I was now facing him. His eyes were shut so he couldn't see me, but he knew I was there. He looked relaxed and calm. His mind seemed empty and that there was no care in the world. He seemed peaceful.

Lando slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. My heart skipped a beat and there were butterflies filling my stomach.

"Admiring me, aye?" he smirked.

"Was not" I said, trying to remove the eye contact.

"You were totally looking at me," he said.

"You looked peaceful," I shrugged.

"I haven't slept that good in a while," he admitted.

"Really?" I questioned.

"Yeah" he nodded. "Guess something changed that"

I had a small smile on my face and looked in his eyes before looking away just as quickly.

"Ok, I'm getting up" I said, sitting up in the bed and stretching.

"Do you normally stretch like that in the morning?" Lando questioned.

"No" I shook my head. "Normally I look like a demon is leaving my body"

"Like this" he said and did this massive stretch, arching his back and everything.

I laughed. "Exactly like that"

"Ok, let's go eat something" he said, climbing out of the bed and grabbing my hand with his and dragging me out of bed too.

I had to regain my balance when my feet landed on the ground. "I could've fallen"

Lando shrugged. "It would've been funny'

"You are an asshole" I laughed, following him out of the room and downstairs.

"What do you want for breakfast?" he asked, looking through the pantry.

"Pancakes?" I questioned.

"Sounds good," he smiled. "Good thing we're on break right now"

"Don't get me wrong, the food they give us is nice and everything but I love pancakes"