~Chapter Nineteen~

"How's everything going?" Natalie questioned over facetime.

"It's different," I answered. "I didn't think I'd miss being out there this much"

"You'll be back out there before you know it. Start counting down the days" she reassured me. "Anyway, how did things go with Pierre?"

I looked down and smiled.

"Oh my god, how was it?" she questioned again.

"It was actually really fun. I beat him in the race and yeah...that was about it"

"Isabelle Moore, you would not be smiling like that if that's all that happened" Natalie said sternly.

"That was it" I put my hands up in defence with a small laugh escaping my lips.

"Liar," she stated.

"I swear"

"Liar," she repeated.

I couldn't even look at her on the camera, she was sending me death glares through the screen.

"Ok, maybeee, we kind of flirted..." I said quietly.

"WHAT!?" she yelled. I'm so glad that my headphones were in.

"See, nothing" I shrugged with a smirk.

"Flirting is not nothing" she gave me a look of disapproval. "How could you not inform me of this until now?"

Oh how I would kill to see her reaction if I told her right now about Lando kissing me in Hungary. She'd lose her shit.

"It never crossed my mind" I responded.

"It NeVeR cRoSsEd My MiNd" she mimicked. "Bull shit"

"Oops" I shrugged.

"Is there anything else you'd like to tell me while you're at it?" she questioned.

"Nope" I said, popping the P.

It didn't feel like the right time to tell her about the kiss with Lando. Reminiscing about something that happened ages ago, will not help me move on. When things look a little different, then I might tell her.

"You're still hiding something" she stated, staring at me waiting for a response.

Natalie can read me like a book.

"And what makes you think that, Natalie?" I questioned.

"You've got that look in your eye" she leaned back in the chair she was sitting on and folded her arms.

"Huh?"

"There's this look on your face that screams 'I'm hiding something.' Now what is it?" she questioned.

I looked up from my phone screen and saw Pierre getting out of his car.

"Not the time, Natalie" I stated.

"Fine," she sighed. "But you've gotta tell me at some stage?"

"I promise" I smiled.

"What are you looking at?" she asked, seeing that I was distracted.

"Pierre just arrived at the track" I answered, looking back at her on my phone.

"Go hang out with lover boy," she loved.

"You sure?"

"You plan on calling me later, right?" she asked and I nodded. "Then it's fine. Go have fun"

"Love you Nat" I smiled and hung up the phone, placing it into my pocket and got out of the car.

"If it isn't the one and only Isabelle Moore" Pierre said when he saw me.