~Chapter Forty Six~

With the first race of the season only being a few weeks away, it was back to work for me. Today I got to try on my AlphaTauri race suit for the first time. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I'm way more than excited.

They were holding a photoshoot today to get some shots of me and Pierre to post onto social media in a few days, to try and get some of the hype back from when I was first announced onto the team. Honestly I don't think any of that hype has left, but it may make some people more excited.

I walked up the stairs in the building that the photoshoot was being held at, and opened the doors when I reached the top. I walked in and saw Pierre standing in front of a screen, wearing his race suit and holding his helmet in his arms. 

As soon as he saw me walk through the doors his face lit up. A massive smile spread across his lips and I heard the camera click several times.

"Ahhh Isabelle, you're here" Graham said, walking over to me.

"Hey" I smiled, shaking his hand as he approached me.

"I would like you to meet Amy" he pointed to the woman standing next to him. She looked a little bit older than me, maybe only 5 years older? She was quite tall, had blonde hair and was wearing the AlphaTauri uniform.

"Nice to meet you" I nodded with a warm smile.

"Amy is going to be the one looking after you around here. She's going to be taking care of your press interviews, videos and all that sort of stuff" he informed me. "She's new to the team as well, but she knows what she's doing. I think you guys will get along great"

"I can't wait to start working with you, Isabelle," Amy said, sticking out her hand for me to shake.

"Neither can I" I responded, shaking her hand.

"Now, she'll organise you for today. Just remember to have fun and don't take anything too seriously" Graham told me and then walked off.

When we walked away, I turned back to Amy.

"Now, you'll be doing a solo shoot after Pierre's finished and then you guys will be doing a couple joint photos. Does that sound ok?" Amy informed me.

"Sounds great," I nodded.

"Ok, and obviously the exciting part first" she smiled. "Your AlphaTauri race suit is hanging up in the first change room over there"

"Wait, seriously?" I questioned.

"Mhm" she nodded with an excited grin on her face.

"Ok, ok, I'm going now" I said, rushing over to the change room.

As I walked in and locked the door after me, I saw the suit hanging up on the hanger. I stared at it in awe. I can't believe this is actually happening right now.

I undressed and got into everything. Once I was all strapped in, I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. This is insane.

I took my phone out of my bag and snapped a few quick pictures, then placed it back in my bag before making my way back out to everyone.

When I stepped out of the change room, everyone's eyes were on me. They all cheered and clapped.

"Welcome to our official new member of AlphaTauri!!" Graham yelled and everyone clapped.

Pierre walked over and gave me a hug. He looked so excited and proud. I could hear the camera clicking, and knew that these moments were probably going to end up online eventually.

After a few seconds, Pierre pulled away and took a good look at me.

"We're matching" he smiled.