~Chapter Thirty Nine~

I'd just pulled into Lando's driveway, parking my car in the free spot that was there.

I turned the car off and sat there for a second, letting out a breath. Why am I even here? It's quite late to stream on twitch, it's nearing 10pm.

Once we had landed at the airport, I took an Uber back to my place and put all my luggage inside. I then made my way to my car and drove to Lando's place. Now I'm sitting in front of his place in my car.

I took my phone out of the compartment that I left it in and opened Lando's contact.

Isabelle: I'm out the front

Lando: On my way!

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. I hadn't been here in ages. It feels weird being back. Last time I was here, mine and Lando's friendship was chill. There were no issues and we were pretty flirty. But now, things are different. I'm way more nervous being here than I remember.

I saw the porch light turn on and knew that Lando was near the front door. The door opened and Lando leaned against the door frame, waiting for me to come over to him. He was wearing a pair of grey tracksuit pants and a white shirt. Casual outfit for Lando, we wears it quite often.

I grabbed my phone and keys and opened my car door, closing it once I was out and locking it. I tugged on the handle to make sure it was locked and then made my way over to Lando.

"Showered I see" I said, coming a little closer to him and realising that his hair was slightly wet and I could smell whatever body wash he'd used.

"I can't stand staying in the same clothes that I wear on the plane" he informed me.

"I kind of forgot to shower" I said.

Lando moved his hand, indicating for me to come inside. When I stepped in, he closed the door after him and turned the lock.

"Do you want a shower?" he asked.

I turned and looked at him. "No it's ok" I smiled softly.

"Are you sure?" he questioned.

"I don't have anything to change into"

"I can lend you some of my clothes," he nodded.

"It's ok Lando, I'm fine" I gave him a small smile.

"You look tired, and I think a shower will really help" he folded his arms across his chest.

"Are you saying I smell?" I questioned, offended a little.

His eyes widened when I said that. "No! No, not at all. Just those clothes don't look very comfortable and a shower is good after a long day of flying"

I sighed. "Are you sure?"

"One hundred percent," he smiled.

"Fine" I gave in.

"Cool. I'll go grab you some clothes. You know where the bathroom is, right?" he asked.

"Upstairs, first door on the left,' I said.

Lando smiled. "Great"

He then ran up the stairs, skipping every second one and rushed towards his bedroom. I walked up the stairs behind him slowly and made my way to the bathroom.

I walked over to the shower and turned it on. There was a slight knock on the door and Lando walked in, placing some clothes and a towel on the counter.

"There's some tracksuit pants and a shirt, as well as a clean towel" he informed me.

"How many tracksuit pants do you own?" I questioned, with a small laugh.