~Chapter Four~

"Nice job Isabelle, looks like you'll be starting the race in P8 tomorrow. I repeat, P8" I heard Will tell me over the radio.

"WOOOO YES BABY!!!" I cheered. I could hear Will laughing.

I pulled the car into the garage and hopped out.

"Izzy!!" I heard Daniel when he got out of his car. "That was amazing. That overtake on George was quite amazing"

"Thanks Danny, you did amazing. You're starting in P5  tomorrow, you should be really happy with that" I said and stuck out my hand for a fist bump which he returned.

"I'm absolutely psyched" he smiled, showing his world known smile.

"Isabelle, we've got some press to do" I heard the soft voice of Charlotte behind me.

"I'll see you later" I smiled at Daniel and walked out of the garage with my water bottle and Charlotte next to me.

Nothing could compare to how thrilled I was right now.

                                                   * ✷ ⊹ * ˚

"We are joined with the one and only Isabelle Moore," the reported from Sky Sports said, introducing me. "What an incredibly quali performance Isabelle. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling really good right now. Lots of adrenaline running through me" I laughed lightly. "How are you?"

"I'm doing well, thank you for asking" she smiled at me. "Starting in P8 tomorrow for your first ever formula one race. That's really impressive"

"Thank you. I'm pretty happy with it, but there's always ways to improve" I replied.

"That's good that you have that mindset. How do you feel about racing the next couple weeks while Lando's out because of his injury?" she asked.

"I'm pretty stoked that I get to race, but I do hope that Lando makes a full recovery and that I do well while I'm in his place"

"Awesome. Thank you for your time today Isabelle, speak to you later" she said, wrapping up the interview.

I turned over to Charlotte who indicated who I was talking to next. It was a male reporter. He looked quite older than a lot of the other reporters around. He had dark hair, with bits of grey poking through. He had a small moustache and was wearing glasses.

"Hey" I smiled walking over to him.

"Isabelle, how are you feeling about being the only female on the grid? Do you feel intimidated?" he asked.

Wow, that was straightforward. "Um, no actually. I feel prepared and thankful to be out there"

"Do you think you're at a bit of a disadvantage compared to the guys?" he asked.

"Why would I be at a disadvantage?" I said, struggling to understand where this guy was coming from.

"You know, being the only girl and all. They may treat you differently out there. Go a bit easier." I could see the smirk appearing on his face.

I could feel anger building in me. I had to keep my cool. I let out a quiet breath and put a fake smile on my face. "I would really hope that they don't go easy on me because then there would be no competition. Then again, it should be me that goes easy on them"

I looked at Charlotte and she nodded, indicating that I could walk away from this interview. "Thank you for your time" I stated then walked away. The guy stood there staring at me speechless. I looked away and started heading to the paddock. Thank god that was the last interview for the day.