~Chapter Thirty Two~

The plane had landed in Australia, and Daniel and I couldn't be happier. The smile on our faces said everything.

"I can't believe we finally get to have our home Grand Prix" I said excitedly to Daniel while we were waiting to collect our bags.

"Just think, you finally get to race here next year" he smiled. 

"I'm so excited just thinking about it," I answered. "What's it like?"

"Just think about all the other drivers at their home race and all the attention they get," he said.

"Do you ever get nervous with all that attention on you?" I asked.

"A little yeah" he nodded, folding his arms across his chest. "Because it's your home race, there's always a lot of pressure to do well. All reporters want to talk to you and all eyes are on you everywhere you go"

"Ok, that sounds stressful" I laughed nervously.

"Hey" Daniel said, patting my back. "Everyone loves you, you'll be fine"

"I hope so," I answered.

Our bags came round to the carousel and we collected them. We walked out through the doors and saw a few people's faces light up when they saw us.

A few people came rushing over and asked nervously for Daniel and I to sign some of their merch.

"I can't wait to see you racing here next year" a girl told me when I was signing her poster.

"I can't wait to race here either" I smiled. "What's your name, gorgeous?"

"Jess" she answered with a big smile on her face. "You're literally my idol"

I was shocked when those words left her mouth. I've had people tell me they like me as a driver, and that I'm their favourite driver, but not their idol. "Really...?"

"Of course" she nodded.

"May I ask why?"

"You made your entrance into formula one when I was really struggling with my mental health. Things weren't so great, but then I saw you push through all the negative comments you were receiving and those awful interviews at the start"

I stood there listening intently. This girl was absolutely precious.

"You've shown everyone that you're more than what they're perceived, and you've earned that spot at AlphaTauri next year. You really deserve all the goodness and excitement coming your way in the future. You are my idol Isabelle"

I blinked a few times to try and get rid of the tears brimming to the surface of my eyes.

"Oh Jess, you are amazing" I smiled, giving her a hug. "How are you doing now? With mental health and everything?"

"Much better thank you" she smiled. "I've sought some help which was the hardest step, but the best one"

I understand this girl way more than she thinks.

"I am so proud of you Jess. Seeking help is the hardest part, but it makes you realise that everyone is just there to help you" I informed her.

"You sound like you understand what I'm talking about?" she questioned.

Jess looked no older than 16, she's a smart girl. She obviously knows how to read emotions.

I gave her a small smile. "I do understand"

She didn't say anything else, just nodded. We both knew that we didn't have to say anything else to be able to understand each other.

"I hope you enjoy the race this weekend, I'll be out there next year" I said.