~Chapter Twenty Five~

Isabelle's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. The sun was shining through the window because the curtains weren't closed and I had to blink a few times to adjust.

My body felt really weak and numb. My eyes were dry and sore, probably quite puffy but I haven't looked in the mirror yet.

A small sniff was heard from behind me, making me jump a little. I then looked down at my waist and saw an arm hugging my stomach. I scrunched up my face and let out a small sigh when I realised who was behind me.

Lando.

He was here to comfort me. That's all. I was the one that asked him to stay until I fell asleep. I'm guessing he got tired and just stayed the night, which is totally ok. Right? There's nothing wrong with this. His girlfriend would probably question it a little, but she really likes me, so maybe she would see past it?

What wasn't normal was that his arm was around my waist and we were sleeping peacefully like this. The whole night. And even though I've been awake for a bit, I still haven't chosen to move. I don't want to move. Part of me really likes being in his arms. Part of me wants to stay in my bed all day and sleep and watch movies with him.

Lando let out a small moan as he started to wake up. I froze. I didn't want him to realise that I was awake and just laying in his arms, so I closed my eyes and pretending to be asleep.

I could feel him moving around and his body stretched, but his arm never left my waist. He cleared his throat, and then I felt my body being dragged closer to his. My back was now completely against his chest. He let out a content sigh and his body relaxed again, as the tension around my waist dropped a little.

Great. Now this feels even more wrong. But oh my god it feels so good.

There's no chance I can get up now without disturbing him. He'll know that I was awake and that'll make things more awkward.

Just give in Isabelle, you need the sleep. And what's the worst that'll happen? All this is, is a friend comforting a friend. That's all it is.

I let out a small and quiet sigh before relaxing my body and letting myself drift back to sleep.

Right when my body felt heavy and I was about to go back to sleep, a loud blaring noise came from my phone. Fuck sake.

I opened my eyes and reached for my phone, turning off the alarm. Lando's arm slipped from my waist and the warmth that was there disappeared and turned cold. I already missed his slight touch.

I sat up in my bed and looked at Lando who was still asleep. He looked really peaceful. Like he didn't have a care in the world. I wonder how he can sleep so peacefully? Mr 'Future World Champion' and sleeps perfectly fine.

I checked the time and realised that it was 10:30. We needed to be at the paddock in an hour.

I lifted my hand, bringing it closer to Lando's head and flicked it.

"Hmm" he groaned.

"We need to be at the paddock in an hour" I informed him.

"But can't we just sleep?" he questioned in his morning voice, which sent shivers down my spine.

"You can sleep after the practice races today" I told him.

"You're no fun" he sighed and started opening his eyes slowly.

He looked up at me and smiled. He looked like he was trying to read my emotions, but I'm pretty good at turning them off when I didn't want them to be read.