C H A P T E R 8

— • —

Chapter 8: The Black Lotus Essence Part 2

Liu Xiao gazed upon the black lotus essence, its qi brimming to such an extent that faint traces of spiritual qi lingered in the cave's corners. The diminutive human-snake hybrid greeted them with a smile, proudly displaying the black lotus essence.

But how should I pick it up? I know that you can only pick it up yourself if you're cultivating the black lotus itself, but I didn't even have black lotus qi! How should I pick it up?
(ಥ﹏ಥ) I can't even ask Wu Qingge to pick it up because he will be suspicious of me and kill me right here in the cave!

Liu Xiao released a stream of spiritual qi from his palms, preparing to retrieve the black lotus essence. However, Wu Qingge seized his hand once again. Turning to face Wu Qingge, he found his expression grave as he scrutinized his hand.

"Senior Brother, this disciple will pick the black lotus essence. You stay back." Shouldn't you be lowkey? You're practically saying to me that you're strong and that you know about the black lotus essence! It's me, Wu Qingge! The cannon fodder who bullies you! Shouldn't you be thinking first that I will become suspicious if you can pick the black lotus by yourself?! Aaaaaaaaaaa, I really can't be with him!

But in the end, Liu Xiao stood back because he couldn't argue with the one and only protagonist. After this, I'll just pretend nothing happened.

*gasp* But wait... What if he kills me right here after he gets a hold of the black lotus essence?! Is my death flag already raised right now?! No!!! No!!! I don't want to die! (;'༎ຶД༎ຶ') Help! Tiny human snake, help me! He made a big-eyed look at the tiny human snake. It just tilted its head and said nothing.

Because Wu Qingge had broad shoulders, Liu Xiao was unable to see anything from his position at the back. He crouched down to summon the tiny human snake and gently patted its head while waiting for Wu Qingge to finish.

Within a few minutes, Wu Qingge had completed gathering the Black Lotus Essence. He cast a glance at Liu Xiao, who was conversing with the tiny human snake, eliciting only a slight noise in response. As Wu Qingge drew nearer, Liu Xiao, not daring to meet his gaze, tightly closed his eyes in anticipation of his demise.

However, after a few seconds of nothing occurring, Liu Xiao opened his eyes and saw Wu Qingge extending the black lotus essence towards him, carefully wrapped in a white cloth to contain the demonic qi. He observed Wu Qingge's faint smile as he gazed at Liu Xiao.

"H-Huh?" Liu Xiao was confused. I thought he would kill me. Why is he giving me the essence? His spiritual qi will strengthen even more if he absorbs it.

Liu Xiao lifted both arms to receive the black lotus essence, which was shrouded in cloth. He observed that the cloth Wu Qingge used was frayed. It must have been covered to allow Liu Xiao to handle it safely.

"You should have informed me that the black lotus essence could be touched if covered with cloth. I could have managed it myself," Liu Xiao remarked as he assessed the black lotus essence's size, which was akin to a dining plate. It was neither particularly large nor small, yet it brimmed with demonic energy.

"I charged the cloth with my spiritual energy to prevent the black lotus essence's spiritual energy from escaping," Wu Qingge responded. They proceeded to exit the cave, with the diminutive human snake trailing behind them.

"I am capable of doing that as well," Liu Xiao stated. Wu Qingge remained silent but offered Liu Xiao a slight smile.

Why does he smile at me often? Am I that funny to him? Or could it be that he's been torturing me so many times on his mind that he didn't kill me earlier?!

His Meihua Swan | 他的大天鵝 (BL)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara