C H A P T E R 7 5

— • —

Chapter 75: At The Black Jade Palace, Part 2

AHEM!

Warning: Papa Papa ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) papapa coming through.Moral Lesson: No Horny, Stay Happy.Bye! Enjoy reading!

Liu Xiao instinctively clamped his hand over his mouth, refraining from uttering the name that hovered on the tip of his tongue. Rumors from Hong Jin and Lan Shuang had painted a grim picture of this individual's current state—a berserk frenzy that clouded his memory and obscured recognition.

Unconsciously, Liu Xiao retreated a step, prompting the figure before him to advance, their piercing red gaze locking onto him with an intensity that sent a shiver down his spine.

Holy shit! He wants to kill me, right?! He wants to kill me! He definitely wants to kill me!!! Liu Xiao was crying inside his mind while he continued to take a step back while the man in front of him continued to take a step forward.

Liu Xiao hesitantly spoke in a soft, low voice, "U-Uhh. Am I on the way? Do I need to step aside?"

The man remained silent, his steady advance prompting Liu Xiao to quicken his steps in response. Their movements resembled a frantic waltz, each step echoing with an unspoken tension that hung heavily in the air.

Feeling a surge of panic rising within him, Liu Xiao abruptly pivoted and bolted in the opposite direction. Fear coursed through him at the mere thought of facing Wu Qingge in his current state. He ran with reckless abandon, his breath growing shallow as exhaustion began to slow his pace.

All of a sudden, a black and red silhouette appeared beside him, followed by a deep and husky voice. "Why are you running?"

"IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARING ME!!!" Liu Xiao yelled back as he continued to run.

Suddenly, a pair of large, warm hands encircled Liu Xiao's waist, drawing him close to Wu Qingge's chest. Liu Xiao's breath caught in his throat, his body tensing instinctively as he yielded to the unexpected pull.

Despite the layers of fabric separating them, Liu Xiao could feel the heat radiating from Wu Qingge's body. As Wu Qingge lifted him effortlessly into his arms, Liu Xiao felt a strange mix of shock and vulnerability wash over him. It was as though they were enacting some intimate scene from a newlywed couple's private moments.

Confusion clouded Liu Xiao's mind as Wu Qingge carried him with surprising tenderness, retracing their steps down the dimly lit hallway. Liu Xiao's expression morphed into one of bewildered disbelief, his wide eyes and tightly sealed lips betraying his utter bewilderment as he was swept along in Wu Qingge's arms.

What is happening? ... What am I? Who am I? Where am I? Can someone explain what's going to happen?

(Oh no, Liu Xiao, get ready for papapa! 👁👄👁) )

As they walked in silence, Liu Xiao found himself succumbing to a drowsy sensation, as if it had been an eternity since he last experienced the warmth of being held by Wu Qingge. The familiar touch, the comforting embrace—it all felt like a balm to his weary soul. Even though he couldn't clearly see Wu Qingge's face at the moment, it mattered little to him. All he desired was to remain in this embrace indefinitely.

Lost in this cozy reverie, Liu Xiao was roused from his drowsiness when Wu Qingge suddenly came to a stop. Peering over Wu Qingge's broad shoulders, Liu Xiao raised his head to see what had caused the interruption.