C H A P T E R 4 1

Chapter 41: The Man in The Golden Dragon Robe, Part 1

"Brother Liu, you're back?" Chen Yi greeted Liu Xiao warmly as he entered the great hall.

Within the grand hall, the four Peak Masters were seated centrally on a jade chair, each sipping tea and exchanging intense, serious glances. Chen Yi's attention returned to Liu Xiao, scanning his surroundings before asking, "Brother Liu? Where is Brother Wu?"

Upon hearing his name, Liu Xiao's expression darkened as he recalled the humiliation he had endured in the underworld realm. He quickly regained his composure, adopting a calm facade, and responded, "He has gone to attend to some matters and mentioned he would return after a considerable time."

Chen Yi nodded in understanding, though a hint of disappointment crossed her features. She moved to stand at a distance from the Peak Masters, holding a tray of tea. Noticing that the four Peak Masters were engaged in what appeared to be an important and subdued conversation, Liu Xiao positioned himself beside Chen Yi and gave her a gentle nudge.

"What are they talking about? Is it about the demon cult leaders?" Liu Xiao asked.

Chen Yi adjusted the askew jade teapot on the tray before replying, "I'm not sure either; they were talking through the communication array, so I'm unaware of the details. Master also chooses not to disclose it to me."

The communication array is a mental space where individuals can engage in conversation within their minds. Only you and those who have given their consent can hear and speak within the communication array for as long as desired. However, the communication array requires a significant amount of spiritual qi to operate; hence, only those with strong and expansive qi reserves are capable of creating it.

Liu Xiao has the ability to form a communication array, but doing so depletes half of his spiritual qi. Therefore, he opts for paper messengers to correspond with distant individuals.

"Where are the others? Are they back to their peak?" Liu Xiao asked.

Chen Yi: "They're here sleeping in the guest chambers. The Peak Masters decided that their disciples would stay here until we finished the demon cult elimination mission."

GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! ITS NOT THE DEMON CULT WE SHOULD BE TARGETING!!! IT'S THE FLOATING PALACE, OLD GEEZER!!! THE FUCKING MASTERMIND OF THIS FUCKING---AHHH!!! I don't want to shout it out, but we planned to stay low until the floating palace master exposed himself or acted suspiciously, because if we act recklessly now, everything will be over. ( TДT)

Liu Xiao choked back on his thoughts and slowly replied, "I see..."

"Liu Xiao, Chen Yi, go back to your chambers first to rest, and we'll call you tomorrow," Mo Xian ordered when he noticed that the two disciples were still in the great hall, whispering to each other.

"Yes, master."

"This disciple follows the master's order."

Amidst the chamber adorned with blossoming plum trees, Liu Xiao gazed upon the black and purple ring encircling his left hand. Wu Qingge had escorted him to the mortal world, remaining by his side until they reached the base of Mount Hua Peak. Thereafter, Wu Qingge returned to the underworld to attend to pressing matters. However, before his departure, he bestowed upon Liu Xiao a kiss.

FUCK! Don't think about it! Don't think about it! AAAAHHHHHHHH! THAT WAS FUCKING EMBARASSING!!!

He attempted to remove the black and purple ring from his finger, but it remained stubbornly in place. Liu Xiao conceded defeat, changed into his sleeping robe, loosened his high ponytail, and went to bed.