C H A P T E R 1 5

— • —

Chapter 15: Wu Qingge's Banishment, Part 1

After Wu Qingge's words, silence enveloped the grand hall. Suddenly, an elder burst out, "You! You," pointing at Wu Qingge with a livid face. "Where is the former Peak Master of Mount Hua?!"

Wu Qingge, disregarding the elder's outburst, fixed his gaze on Mo Xian, awaiting a response. Mo Xian glanced at Liu Xiao, who was covertly observing from behind a pillar with an outer disciple, before returning his attention to Wu Qingge and sighing.

"That decision... is not mine to make. Whether Liu Xiao chooses to accompany you is his choice alone; I will merely support his path," Mo Xian declared. All eyes turned to Liu Xiao, who was still peering out. Realizing he was the center of attention, he cleared his throat and stepped forward naively, halting mere meters from the masters, elders, and Wu Qingge.

"Liu Xiao, what have you decided?" inquired Mo Xian. Liu Xiao appeared bewildered, his mind awash with thoughts. "Hey! Hey! Brother Liu!" the outer disciple prodded him urgently. "Huh? W-What?" stammered Liu Xiao. Mo Xian and Wu Qingge couldn't help but smile subtly, while Tian Lang rolled his eyes in exasperation, all awaiting his verdict.

"Your decision?" pressed Mo Xian. "Wu Qingge insists that you join him before his banishment."

"HUH???" exclaimed Liu Xiao in astonishment. "Ack—I mean, huh?" he uttered again with an awkward grin. The assembly within the grand hall fell silent in anticipation of his choice; thus, he rested his chin on his hands and pondered deeply.

Isn't Chen Yi supposed to come with him? Why has it suddenly become me? Is the plot getting messed up again?! Arghhhh! But wait—if I come with him, wouldn't I get to see Wu Qingge fighting other known cultivators throughout the world?! Isn't that amazing?! Liu Xiao grinned while giggling maliciously.

He noticed that both the elders and the outer disciples were giving him peculiar looks, while Mo Xian, Tian Lang, and Wu Qingge appeared unaffected. Liu Xiao straightened up and cleared his throat before inquiring, "But why choose me, Wu Shidi?" Wu Qingge's eyes lifted subtly, and his lips formed a slow smile. "Why not you, Senior Brother?" he responded. Liu Xiao offered an awkward smile, sensing an oddity in Wu Qingge's answer, yet the others remained silent.

Liu Xiao simply shrugged and agreed, "Alright, I'll accompany you." At this, Wu Qingge's face brightened, while Mo Xian's expression turned gloomy. "However, I may visit Mount Hua Peak occasionally, right, Master?" Liu Xiao asked with a grin, directing his gaze at Mo Xian. "Certainly!" Mo Xian's previously downcast demeanor instantly brightened. In the background, Tian Lang snorted and continued to fan himself.

With a broad grin, Wu Qingge approached Liu Xiao. "You're not jesting, are you, Senior Brother?" he questioned. "Huh? Do I seem overly jestful?" Liu Xiao retorted. Wu Qingge's joy was palpable; he looked as though he might cry from happiness. Liu Xiao laughed at his reaction and clapped him on the shoulder.

Hahaha! Chen Yi, I have replaced your position now. Ah, wait, that sounds too weird. I mean, I get to see Wu Qingge fight and be widely known to the world! I get to travel with him, who has a path full of blood and adventures! I get to experience it myself rather than getting leisurely here! Hahahahahahaha!

In the midst of their carefree moment, the elders at the rear, who had been overlooked by the quartet, suddenly exclaimed, "Wu Qingge! Join us and—"

"No," Wu Qingge cut in swiftly. The elder who had called out stood in disbelief, his hand quivering as he pointed at Wu Qingge. "You! You concealed the previous Mount Hua Peak Master! You conspired with that villain! This is scandalous!"