C H A P T E R 4 4

— • —

Chapter 44: The Man in the Golden Dragon Robe, Part 4

"Wu...Shidi?" Liu Xiao exclaimed in astonishment, the taste of metallic blood still lingering on his lips from the man's earlier kiss. Wu Qingge observed the blood on Liu Xiao's lip, crouching down and delicately touching it with his index finger. The warmth of his black and purple demonic qi swiftly healed the wound.

As the bleeding ceased, the metallic tang of blood persisted in Liu Xiao's mouth, trailing down his throat. With a gentle smile, Wu Qingge reached out, his large, slender hand tenderly brushing against Liu Xiao's flushed cheeks, a consequence of the aphrodisiac's effects.

"Gege, are you alright? Did he harm you?" Wu Qingge inquired, his concern evident in his blood-red eyes.

Still in a daze, Liu Xiao managed to respond, "He only kissed me."

"Mmn, I can see that," Wu Qingge acknowledged calmly.

Perplexed, Liu Xiao questioned, "See what?"

In the dimness of the basement, amidst its emptiness, Wu Qingge's blood-red eyes sparkled with concern as he uttered unexpected words with a gentle smile.

"Mmn. He'll die tonight."

THIS—WELL, WHATEVER LET HIM DIE, I DON'T CARE EITHER WAY.

Wu Qingge and Liu Xiao were engrossed in conversation when the man, previously slammed against the metallic wall, staggered to his feet, blood still streaming from his head wound. Despite his weakened state, he issued a single command in a deep, resonant tone: "Come."

In an instant, a multitude of figures cloaked in pitch-black attire, each adorned with a distinctive golden stamp on their collars, materialized. Their appearances varied—some beautiful, some rugged, some youthful, and others aged—but all wore impassive expressions as they kneeled before the man.

"Yes, My Lord," they responded in unison.

Coughing up a mouthful of blood, the man wiped his stained green robe before addressing the silent assembly.

"Eliminate them."

Meanwhile, Wu Qingge casually extended his hand, summoning a swarm of black and purple demon flames from the ring on his finger. The flames hovered around them as Wu Qingge focused on tending to Liu Xiao's wounds.

"Yes, My King," one of the demon flames greeted.

"Kill those pests," Wu Qingge commanded lazily, his attention still fixed on Liu Xiao, who was struggling with dizziness and breathlessness due to the effects of the aphrodisiac coursing through his veins.

The demon flames morphed into various shapes, each maintaining its distinctive black and purple hue. Among them were humanoid forms, wolves, snakes, eagles, and even humans with bat-like wings, all poised to swiftly dispatch the black-clad assailants.

Focused solely on Liu Xiao and Wu Qingge, the attackers lunged toward them with unparalleled speed, but the demons interceded, forming a protective barrier around the pair and engaging the assailants in combat.

Meanwhile, Liu Xiao struggled to catch his breath, unable to fully comprehend the chaos unfolding around him. Wu Qingge withdrew his healing hand, having swiftly mended all of Liu Xiao's wounds, large and small. Casting a glance at Liu Xiao, who was trembling and gasping for air, Wu Qingge hesitated briefly before speaking softly, "I'm sorry, Gege."