C H A P T E R 1 3

— • —

Chapter 13: The Black Lotus Part 1

A Peak Master abruptly rose to his feet, his aged face contorting with shock before morphing into terror at the sight unfolding in the arena.

Dark purplish spiritual qi, dense and overwhelming, cascaded from Wu Qingge's body. It condensed and intertwined, forming the image of a black lotus as large as a human head. Clutching Liu Xiao in his embrace, Wu Qingge's features were twisted in agony, his breaths coming in heavy pants. With a fierce glare directed at Lan Yang, he resolved to bring an early end to their confrontation.

With a mere flick of his wrist, the black lotus burst forth and gradually assumed a human silhouette. Lan Yang, gripping his sword tightly, watched in alarm as the transformation occurred. Moments later, an elder garbed in a blood-red robe materialized before them—it was the revered former master of Mount Hua Peak.

"T-This... This!" exclaimed the earlier Peak Master Elder, his voice piercing the silence. The audience, initially stunned by the emergence of the figure, now turned their gaze towards the Peak Master Elder.

"Why is the Bai Jian (Hundred Arrows) Peak Master panicking?"

"The youngster—Wu Qingge, right? He seems strong."

"Yeah. Look at that sinister qi."

"It's not sinister—it's demonic qi!" exclaimed the Master of Bai Jian Peak, his arms trembling as he pointed at the rigid figurine. "Why... why is that demon here?" he cried out once more. The other Peak Masters and cultivators were taken aback, exchanging puzzled glances.

"Centuries ago, my late master and I ventured to Shen Hua Mountain to defeat him! How is it possible that he's here when we shattered his soul?" the Bai Jian Peak Master recounted, prompting murmurs among the cultivators and his fellow masters.

"Shen Hua Mountain... Could it be the legendary Former Mount Hua Peak Master? The prodigious Cultivator who single-handedly created all martial arts and cultivation techniques of Mount Hua Peak—the Sacred White Lotus?!" exclaimed a Peak Master with glasses.

As the cultivators and Peak Masters teetered on the brink of astonishment, a piercing screech echoed through the arena, and the statue of the former Mount Hua Peak Master opened his pallid eyes, furrowing his brow slowly. "Xiao Wu, what is this commotion?! I was resting in my chambers just before!" bellowed the elder at Wu Qingge. However, Wu Qingge paid him no heed, focusing instead on alleviating Liu Xiao's suffering by gently patting his back.

Observing Liu Xiao, who lay unconscious in Wu Qingge's embrace, the elder's frown deepened. "You expect me to engage in battle? Are you aware of the spectacle you're presenting to the cultivators? Look at them—they're astounded to see me alive, particularly that youngster from before..." he remarked, alluding to the Bai Jian Peak Master.

Wu Qingge remained silent, opting instead to gently pat Liu Xiao's back. Gradually, Liu Xiao's furrowed brow eased as he nestled into Wu Qingge's chest, seeking solace. The elder exhaled deeply and conceded, "Alright, go on. I'll handle things here." Wu Qingge exchanged a knowing glance with Mo Xian and offered a respectful nod as a parting gesture. With no other option, Mo Xian sighed deeply and returned the smile, acknowledging Wu Qingge with a nod.

Vaulting into the gaping void above the arena, Wu Qingge carried Liu Xiao through the shattered remnants of the crystal barrier. Gliding through the air without the aid of spiritual qi or his sword, he descended gracefully into a serene forest near the floating palace.