C H A P T E R 3 5

- • -

Chapter 35: The Heart of the Nether, Part 2

Liu Xiao nudged Wu Qingge hastily and cleared his throat. With an awkward chuckle, he looked at Wu Qingge, who appeared slightly disheartened yet maintained his composed and heroic stance. Liu Xiao's gaze shifted upwards to notice that the opening above the Sheng Jing Mine had been sealed, leaving them without an exit. He cast a glance at Wu Qingge, intending to inquire about their escape plan. However, recalling the embarrassing incident from earlier, Liu Xiao chose to remain silent.

"XIAO'ER ANSWER ME! WHY IS IT DARK?!" His grandpa's voice rang inside his head.

"Old Fart, help me escape this cave right now! Do you know what I should do?" Liu Xiao replied, his finger pressed on his temples, massaging them lightly.

"I'LL HELP XIAO'ER IF YA CALL ME ME GRANDPA WHOLEHEARTEDLY," his grandpa demanded with a teasing voice.

"Old fart!" Liu Xiao exclaimed, feeling impatient.

"TSK! IF YOU JUST CALLED ME GRANPA, I WOULD'VE HELPED YOU!" All of a sudden, Liu Xiao's back felt heavy. A pair of fiery orange wings growled out of him, and they spread out like a bird wanting to fly.

"Fuck!" Liu Xiao cried and pulled out the wings, but a sharp pain tingled on his back, as if his bones were pulled out.

His simple white robe was tattered by the outstretched wings, tearing into shreds and revealing his lean figure to Wu Qingge. Only his hips remained modestly draped with the remnants of the robe. Moments later, as the wings behind him stilled, Liu Xiao shouted within his mind.

"OLD FART, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS WINGS!? DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT YOU WOULD HELP ME?!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! I AM HELPING YA XIAO'ER. DIDN'T YOU WANT TO GO UP?! YA CAN JUST FLY!" his grandpa replied back, laughing so hard.

"MOTHERFUCKER, OLD FART! HOW CAN WE GO OUT WITH JUST WINGS?! YOU THINK MY HEAD WILL PIERCE THROUGH THE HARD STONE?" Liu Xiao paused and thought of something. "WELL, NEVER MIND."

His grandmother responded with a dismissive "hmph" before falling silent, leaving Liu Xiao to turn his attention to Wu Qingge, whose wide-eyed gaze sent a rush of warmth to his cheeks. Confusion etched across Liu Xiao's face as he followed Wu Qingge's line of sight, only to find himself exposed in a manner he hadn't anticipated.

Under the torn remnants of his robe, Liu Xiao's shoulder, collarbone, and a significant portion of his chest lay bare, a sudden vulnerability he hadn't realized until that moment. With an awkward laugh and an uncertain scratch of his head, Liu Xiao attempted to bridge the newfound gap between them, stepping closer to Wu Qingge with a hesitant smile.

However, his advance was met with an unexpected recoil, as Wu Qingge instinctively withdrew. Liu Xiao's confusion deepened as he questioned the reason for Wu Qingge's retreat, his embarrassment mounting with each passing moment.

"We're both men," Liu Xiao began, his words tinged with confusion. "There's no need to feel ashamed." But Wu Qingge remained silent, averting his gaze and hastily removing his outer robe, offering it to Liu Xiao with averted eyes.

"Gege, you can wear this," Wu Qingge muttered, still refusing to meet Liu Xiao's gaze, a palpable tension hanging in the air between them.

Oh my god! What are you being a baby about? Is this considered sexual?! I know you're bent, but you don't need to feel shameful! Your body is much more beautiful than mine, which looked like it was malnourished with bones! ┐('д`)┌