C H A P T E R 7 3

— • —

Chapter 73: Deep Inside the Underworld Realm, Part 3

With determined effort, Lu Qianghuo pressed his small hands against the smooth surface of the rectangular boulder. With a resounding thud, the boulder shifted, revealing a narrow passageway beyond. Turning to face Liu Xiao, Lu Qianghuo looked up at him, meeting his gaze with an expectant expression, while Liu Xiao stood there, mouth agape, at the sight of the newly revealed path.

Liu Xiao immediately closed his mouth and cleared his throat. "Is this it?"

"Yes." Lu Qianghuo answered, "If you go there and walk straight towards the passageway, you will find withered trees and a cliff. Go the other way beside the cliff, and you will arrive shortly at the underworld kingdom."

It was this easy?! Just... What am I doing all this time?! I was walking towards God knows where, and the way was actually this easy?! Liu Xiao's throat suddenly went dry, which made him swallow hard. He stared at the narrow passageway and started to step forward.

Liu Xiao: "....."

Lu Qianghuo: "....."

Liu Xiao: "....."

Lu Qianghuo: "....."

Lu Chunxue: "....."

Liu Xiao turned around with a frown and glanced back at them with his eyes raised. "Why are you not following me?!"

Lu Chinxue hesitantly replied, "But Brother Liu, we can't enter the kingdom. We will be killed by the noble demons."

Liu Xiao frowned. "The what?"

Lu Chinxue repeated, "The noble demons..."

Just what is happening?! I know that the underworld realm is in chaos right now, but when did the demons gain a noble title? Wu Qingge, what have you been doing?!

Liu Xiao forced a smile and replied, "Just come with me, okay? If you stay here any longer, other bad demons will kill you instead. This Mister can protect you."

Lu Qianghuo: "But you're just a human."

The words he said pierced through Liu Xiao's head and made him cough blood inside his mind. His trembling mouth forced a smile and continued to speak, "I-I...I defeated the Lang Zai at the forest of Woe, right? This Mister can protect you!"

Lu Chunxue tilted his head and spoke innocently, "But we saw you running away."

Another word pierced through Liu Xiao's head again. The children's honesty made him lose his confidence in seeing Wu Qingge at this moment, but since he had come all the way inside the underworld realm, he might as well finish his goal.

Liu Xiao sighed, crossed his arms, and gazed down at the two. "Fine. Are you coming or not?"

Lu Qianghio and Lu Chunxue: "We're coming."

The corner of Liu Xiao's mouth twitched. So you've been coming all along! Why did you have to say those things to me?! Aahhhh! You brats! Your nasty attitude is staining your cute appearance! I will refine you after all of this is over!

The trio ventured through the narrow passageway, their steps synchronized and their hands intertwined. Lu Qianghuo grasped Liu Xiao's hand tightly, while Lu Chunxue clung to the other, seeking comfort in the darkness that surrounded them. Despite the eerie atmosphere, Liu Xiao wore a constant grin, his excitement palpable as they descended into the depths of the withered forest and emerged on the other side of the cliff.