C H A P TE R 4 2

— • —

Chapter 42: The Man in the Golden Dragon Robe, Part 2

Lan Yang, Shan Ling, Bai Lan, Chen Yi, and Liu Xiao strolled into the unnamed town with ease, seemingly oblivious to the demons that infested it. The air was thick with the familiar scents of cigarettes, liquor, and rouge, while red lanterns glowed from every building.

"Let's stick to the last plan again," Chen Yi said indifferently.

The other three didn't seem to object, but Liu Xiao's eyes widened and his veins snapped. "NO! FUCKING NO! I'M GONNA BE A PROSITUTE AGAIN?!"

Chen Yi rolled her eyes, paying no attention to Liu Xiao behind her, who was complaining about being close to Bai Lan and Lan Yang. Shan Ling, standing next to Chen Yi and gripping her arm tightly, looked back at Liu Xiao, then turned her gaze back to Chen Yi and began sweetly calling her "Jiejie" with a smile.

Liu Xiao's eyes welled up with frustration; he did not want to be surrounded by repulsive old men and lecherous men eager to take advantage of him. He glanced at Bai Lan beside him and gently tugged on the hem of his sleeve. "Bai Lan, help me! Convince Chen Yi to let me come with you two."

Bai Lan cast a glance in his direction before turning towards Chen Yi, who was positioned at the front. Known for his reticence, he seldom engaged in extensive conversations, particularly with women. His gaze then shifted to Liu Xiao, whose eyes brimmed with tears as she looked at him. Feeling a pang of guilt, he averted his eyes.

Liu Xiao looked at him with disbelief. "BAI LAN!!! YOU SAID I'M YOUR LITTLE BROTHER----URK!!! YOU----GAAAHHHH! DON'T TAKE ME AWAY!!!! NOOO!!!!!"

Liu Xiao struggled as Chen Yi, who firmly grasped the back of his collar, dragged him towards the back door to prepare. Meanwhile, Bai Lan and Lan Yang feigned interest in visiting the brothel to behold the otherworldly beauty of the prostitutes.

Chen Yi, Shan Ling, and Liu Xiao were inside the dressing room at the back door. The prostitutes who were doing their makeup and fixing their clothes glanced back at them. They all frowned and were about to say that they were trespassing in the authorized room, but Shan Ling grabbed a dark red powder from the pouch of her pants and blew it all over the dressing room.

The powder gradually dispersed throughout the dressing room, forming a dense, dark mist. The women inside quickly lost consciousness due to the intoxicating scent emanating from the murky haze. Shn Ling then opened the pouch tied to her trousers, and the hollow container absorbed the thick, dark red mist, transforming it back into a deep red powder.

Shan Ling sealed the pouch, her face adorned with a sweet grin. She turned towards Chen Yi, seeking approval with a 'praise-me-jiejie' expression. However, Chen Yi's attention was elsewhere, captivated by the luxurious garments in the closet. This left Shan Ling pouting, her demeanor shifting to one of dejection.

Chen Yi quickly adjusted her attire, donning a purple robe adorned with floral embroidery along the hem. The garment accentuated her slender waist and bust, leaving her shoulders and the upper portion of her chest bare. The robe's sheer lower section revealed her delicate, pinkish legs. Her hair was gathered into an untidy bun, decorated with chrysanthemum flowers, while loose curls framed her cheeks, and her lips bore a soft pink hue.

Shan Ling was adorned in a dark red bralette, featuring an abundance of soft fabric that clung to her abdomen. Her trousers matched in color, their belts lavishly decorated with golden butterfly ornaments. Golden butterfly jewelry embellished her forehead, ears, neck, arms, and ankles. Braided locks fell long, interwoven with petite yellow flowers at every turn. Her lips were painted a deep red, complementing the smoky red shadow that framed her eyes.