C H A P T E R 7 4

— • —

Chapter 74: At The Black Jade Palace, Part 1

As Lu Chunxue began to fidget nervously, Lu Qianghuo quickly placed a hand over his brother's mouth to stifle any potential outburst. Meanwhile, Hong Jin adjusted the grip on his slim sword, his gaze fixed intently on the dilapidated structure in the distance.

"I said COME OUT!"

Liu Xiao screamed internally. GAAAHHHHH! WHAT DO I FUCKING DO?! Should I run away? BUT WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?! I'M A BIG DUMBASS IF I LEFT THEM ALONE HERE! They're so cute! I WON'T LET THEM DIE!

Anxiously, Liu Xiao chewed on his fingers, his gaze darting back and forth between the broken, open window and the swaying, creaking door. His attention briefly shifted to a small hole in the table, which seemed to connect to another house.

"Lu Qianghuo! Since you're still calm, I'll explain this to you," Liu Xiao whispered.

"Go hide under that table with a large hole. After I exit the house and surrender myself, pass through that hole and hide for a while, and get out of the underworld kingdom. Under the cliff where we passed through, there's a large cave there, and I saw a demonic tree that bears fruit. Stay there for a while."

As Liu Xiao explained their plan, Lu Qianghuo furrowed his brow, a look of concern crossing his face. After a moment's hesitation, he nodded slowly and carefully crawled over to the table, cradling Lu Chunxue in his arms. Liu Xiao watched with a smile, silently acknowledging the young boy's bravery and determination.

"COME OUT!" Hong Jin's voice thundered once more, his grip tightening on the sword's hilt as he advanced toward the dilapidated structure.

However, just as he prepared to demolish the house, a figure emerged from the other side. The man was tall and slender, with porcelain skin and a visage of ethereal beauty. Despite the tension in the air, his obsidian eyes betrayed a mixture of alarm and composure, while his graceful arms remained poised yet tense.

Hong Jin raised his brows and asked, "Who are you?"

The slender man didn't answer and only sealed his lips to shut himself up. Hong Jin frowned and raised his sword to point at him. "I SAID WHO ARE YOU?!"

"Liu Xiao," he answered.

Hong Jin: "Where did you come from?"

Liu Xiao arched his brows. "Uh... am I supposed to answer that?"

Hong Jin nodded. "Yes."

Liu Xiao: "From the mortal realm."

Hong Jin: "How did you get here?"

Liu Xiao: "From someone's help."

Hong Jin: "Are you the only one?"

Liu Xiao: "Yes."

Hong Jin: "What——"

Liu Xiao cut him off. "If you're asking for my number, I don't have a phone. Stop asking fucking questions and just capture me, okay?" he demanded impatiently.

Hong Jin's expression shifted from astonishment to a begrudging acknowledgment as he sheathed his sword with a snort. "Very well."

From Hong Jin's dimensional ring slithered forth a crimson serpent, its scales aglow with an ominous red hue. The serpent wound its way around Liu Xiao's wrist, coiling itself like a living shackle. Liu Xiao met its gaze with a steady look, offering a subtle nod in response.