C H A P T E R 2 5

— • —

Chapter 25: Black Market Part 1

"I see. The demon cult is beginning to mobilize. Once the demon king regains his original body, everything will be over," the floating palace owner sighed, gazing down at the mortal realm below as he pondered.

"It's most likely related to the Black Market. Perhaps the demonic cult has established a base there," Tian Lang claimed, fanning himself slowly.

"But many cultivators frequent the black market. Even though they claim to follow righteous paths, their intentions are tainted. It's impossible to create a disturbance there and launch a sudden attack," Mo Xian remarked, massaging his temples while seated in one of the crystal chairs inside the great hall.

"Hmm..." the floating palace owner paused before speaking again. "Why don't you send your disciples on a covert mission? Also, enlist talented disciples from other sects to participate. Instruct them to investigate the black market and report back."

Mo Xian stood up with a pale face, shaking his head. "That's out of the question."

"Very well, we will do it," Tian Lang interjected, cutting off Mo Xian's protest. Mo Xian snorted and turned towards him. "Brother Tian!" he exclaimed.

Tian Lang sighed loudly and closed his fan angrily before rising slowly. "Mo Xiao, how many times must we discuss this? Your disciples are no longer children. What will become of them if they suddenly face real battle? Wait for you to save them? That's pathetic!"

Mo Xian's face displayed grief. "But...I—I'm..."

"No one will disappear. Liu Xiao is strong, Chen Yi is strong, and that kid Bai Lan is strong. What's the point of our teachings if the students don't take them to heart?" Tian Lang's face frowned, his lips tightly pursed as he implied.

Mo Xian was left speechless. No words of comfort emerged. He released a heavy sigh before calming himself and returning to his seat, arms clenched tightly. The floating palace owner then turned his attention to them and spoke, "So, it's settled, right?"

"Yes," Mo Xian replied, looking down.

They reported to avoid involving those useless peak masters again, knowing they would create a commotion. Tian Lang handed two papers to Mo Xian, muttering a few words as he infused them with his silver spiritual qi before letting them float in the air, darting swiftly skyward.

"To whom did you send those messages?" Mo Xian inquired. Tian Lang began fanning himself with his fan as they both exited the floating palace, simply responding, "Peak Master Su Luxia and Zhan Baiwon."

Mo Xian remained silent, walking beside Tian Lang with a dejected expression and clenched fists. Tian Lang sighed and spoke, "No one will abandon you. Isn't that why I'm always by your side? Do you think I'd leave you again? Or that anyone else would leave?"

"What if...you leave again?" Mo Xian asked, his eyes glimmering with the threat of tears.

Tian Lang paused, his lips trembling as he replied, "I won't. So don't worry about anything. Isn't this why we cultivated until we reached this peak? We're meant to be strong and unwavering. Stay strong, Mo Xiao." Tian Lang was about to say more, but he couldn't find the courage. He groaned and quickened his pace, grabbing Mo Xian's arm and snorting

"Brother Liu! Bai shixiong!" Chen Yi waved her hand as Liu Xiao, Shi Xuan, and Bai Lan approached. About to walk forward, Chen Yi halted at the sight of Shi Xuan beside Liu Xiao. She frowned and inquired, "Brother Liu, is that your illegitimate child?"