C H A P T E R 3 7

- • -

Chapter 37: The Poisonous Butterfly, Part 2

The covert base of the demon cult was situated in the unnamed highlands, nestled amidst a mountain range. This secluded town served as a refuge for some demons possessing human intellect who had fled the underworld's gate. Sixty years prior, they established this concealed town within the vast, unnamed highlands, an area dominated by towering mountains.

Despite being surrounded by these massive mountains, cultivators refrained from naming the region due to its potent, sinister energy. They were also deterred from establishing a peak there because of the presence of lurking, dangerous monsters.

Although referred to as a town, it more closely resembled a city due to the high population of demons and mortals residing within. The town boasted gambling houses, battle arenas, taverns, and various illicit establishments. Among these, the most frequented was the seventh-floor brothel.

The brothel on the seventh floor was renowned for its otherworldly beauty and seductive inhabitants, catering to all preferences. Whether one desired someone sweet, cool, shy, seductive, sly, quiet, or aggressive, there was an array of choices available. It was rumored that the elusive 'poisonous butterfly' might be masquerading as a prostitute within this brothel, making it their top priority.

Upon their arrival, they forsook their carriage at the mountain's base and opted for sword flight instead. As they entered the town, they found no gates or signage marking its entrance; it was truly an open town accessible to all. The air was thick with the scents of liquor and cigarettes, accompanied by enticing music. This so-called town was bustling with activity and noise.

The six of them naturally blended in with the crowd and entered the brothel through the back door. Shan Ling went to peek at the place while the five waited patiently. "There's a prostitute auction event going on inside. I think the three of us need to blend in with the prostitutes inside while the other three will investigate the place," she suggested as soon as she went back.

Chen Yi nodded in agreement. "I'll blend in the prostitution, and Shan Ling will also do it. Who is the other one?" Bai Lan, Lan Yang, Shan Ling, and Chen Yi shifted their heads to look at Liu Xiao, who was busy listening to the music.

Liu Xiao was taken aback and frowned at them. "What? Did something happen?" he asked in confusion.

Chen Yi rolled her eyes. "Brother Liu, you're not paying attention. You're coming with us to the prostitution."

Liu Xiao frowned even more and shook his head. "NO! CHOOSE BAI LAN! I'LL NEVER DO THAT!"

Bai Lan returned the frown and shook his head. Despite Bai Lan's short stature and features that straddled the line between beautiful and handsome, his overly masculine physique disqualified him from joining the ranks of prostitutes, a trait shared by Lan Yang and Wu Qingge.

Chen Yi grabbed Liu Xiao and dragged her away. "You're the only man who looked feminine other than the three. You're coming with us; I'll press your acupoints if you try to fight back." Liu Xiao let out a cry before Chen Yi went to drag her away.

The event proceeded smoothly. The three remaining men dispersed individually to both monitor the auction and conduct their investigation, noting several peculiar occurrences. A spacious and grand stage was set at the forefront, where a middle-aged male host showcased various exquisite men and women. These individuals, adorned in fine attire, engaged in singing, dancing, acting, and playing music, among other performances, to entertain the attendees.