3: Another Familiarity

Obito continued to watch, even when the three in the front were already starting to get tired.

After a while, Minato finally dismissed them and they went their way to Tobi and Rin.

Kakashi was staring at him the whole way towards the girl.

The sky was starting to turn slightly orange. It must be lunch then.

Tobi sat up once the younger Obito and Kakashi were already sitting beside Rin.

But he was stopped with a hand in his shoulder. "Where are you going?"

He turned slowly to see Minato smiling at him. It... looks plastic.

Tobi was about to respond before another voice cut them off.

"Hey!"

Tobi and Minato turned to the direction of the call and saw a familiar red-head approaching them.

She was holding a basket covered by a small blanket.

The woman's smile faltered when she saw Tobi. Minato retracted his hand from his shoulder.

"Kushina." Minato said calmly with a genuine smile at her arrival. Kushina stopped in her tracks and eyed Tobi up and down.

Kushina smiled at the three Genins on the bench but returned to the other two. "Who is this?" she asked, pointing her head to Tobi.

She must be suspicious. The war had just ended, after all.

"...hello," Tobi said, using his normal voice while bowing his head slightly. He was polite, believe it or not.

Kushina seemed to light up at the display. "Well, hi! You must be new here. Ever since the war we've taken in quite a few refugees."

Tobi gulped because if he denied it, there was a chance Kushina's temper would get to her and he would be fried Uchiha.

But instead of answering for himself, Minato hummed. "Yes. He's actually a traveler. Anyway, what do you have there?"

At the last sentence, the three Genins ran to the red-haired Uzumaki.

Right. I almost forgot Kushina was an Uzumaki.

Tobi watched as the two Genins being his younger self and Rin were listening to Kushina as she said what treats and lunches were in the basket.

Minato and Kakashi watched from the sidelines and Tobi was finally heading out.

To be able to change the past for now all I could do is wait.

But unfortunately, Tobi was stopped yet again. "Why don't you join us?" Kushina asked, turning her head around slightly to look at Tobi. He gulped again.

"It'd be a waste if you came and wasn't given anything." Kushina continued, and Tobi had no other choice but agree.

She walked up to the red-head and she smiled upon seeing him approaching.

"Alright then! Why don't I go set up a picnic instead? Wait a minute." she said, then walked to the shade of the trees and put down the blanket.

Obito and Rin followed, and Tobi was also on his way. He noticed Minato's stare burning into him but he ignored it for now and watched as the Genins sat down on the blanket.

Tobi kind of found it embarrassing, to be a complete stranger right now and joining usual activities with these ninjas, but he sat down on the edge anyway.

Kushina smiled at him and then turned to Minato, still far away.

"Are you coming, Minato?" she asked, and Minato's gaze darted to her.