28: The Death Of A Mastermind Uchiha

Without any more second thoughts, the entrance to where Madara was was obliterated to mere pebbles.

The Zetsus all stared in obvious shock at the danger they earlier took notice of.

Madara didn't move, however. Acknowledged it, but didn't make a move to leave or protect himself.

Once the brown dust after the crash of rocks died down, only a figure was left for the inhabitants inside to see.

The figure's chakra was blazing; burning into Madara's interior. It was something the old Uchiha could describe as similar to his when he was young.

"Uchiha...Madara."

The figure had two holes on his supposed fox mask; and he seemed to be someone familiar...

Two Sharingan were similarly as ablazed as their flaming dark chakra.

It was as if whoever they were were flaring their bottled anger from their whole life in one massive sand storm of emotions.

The voice wasn't familiar. A deep cascade of darkness; real yet unbelievably so.

Madara knew this chakra signature was familiar. He felt it when an Uchiha he caught days ago activated his hidden Sharingan in an attempt to break out of a Genjutsu he wasn't even aware of.

The figure clad in all black started to walk through the debris like it was nothing and that was when their Sharingan was clearer than ever; blazing at them all furiously while spinning just as rapidly in perfect circles.

Madara knew he wouldn't stand a chance in a fight with someone like that if he was still in this form, but of course that is if he doesn't decide to go blind protecting himself using his only Sharingan left. He barely even had enough chakra to sustain even a small fire ball jutsu.

"And who are you supposed to be!?" the Zetsu shrieked, but only in confusion.

The figure didn't even bat the creature an eye before harshly throwing them back, making wood come out of their body, destroying their life force completely.

Obito may not admit it but it's one of the perks he got from the Hashirama cells other than the unlimited Mangekyou Sharingan. The Wood Style that only the first Hokage himself could fully master.

Other white Zetsus watched as one of them were brutally destroyed and most of them charged, both in an attempt to protect Madara and also to avoid getting their home wrecked if that's the figure's motive.

Again, without looking at the offending creatures, wood sprouted from them as they all got thrown back without mercy.

The remaining creatures didn't make a move.

"What brings you here." Madara started, asking yet not so in terms of punctuation.

The figure didn't take his eyes off of Madara's. The whole time he had been staring right into the old Uchiha's eye.

"I think you know well why I have come back." the voice didn't bother lowering his voice, keeping his high stance.

Madara knew the Uchiha was challenging him. But then again; he hid and sought to find a successor because he couldn't do it himself anymore.

Madara didn't react. He did know why.

"Is this because of what I am planning to do?" he asked casually, like they were close friends.

The figure squinted their eyes at Madara through that double-holed fox mask, their Sharingan staring suspiciously at his face.

"...because I am aware of who you are. Uchiha Obito."