63: I Will Return; Welcome Me Back (End)

Obito woke up, feeling dazed again all of a sudden.

He looked around and saw Rin and Kakashi beside him.

Due to the almost blinding white paint of the place, he knew they were in no other place but the Konoha hospital.

He wondered how he got there.

He remembered simply walking with Rin and blacking out...

That question, however, disappeared as Kakashi saw him and waved with a casual 'hey'.

He shook his head, smiled at Kakashi and once again looked towards his comrades and life-long friends, with Kakashi, of course, awake and sitting on a chair reading one of his books again and with Rin asleep with her head lying on the bed near Obito's hand.

I guess I don't have to worry about that.

He closed his eyes.

Maybe I just got too tired with my missions... Eh, whatever. My only focus are my missions, my team...

And becoming Hokage.

-----

Upon Obito finally leaving Konoha's borders, he suddenly started feeling like he was losing something.

He jumped down from the tree he was on and he felt his pockets.

Nothing, but...

He cut himself off when he looked at his Hashirama cell hand.

It... was turning to dust?

Obito's eye widened as he realized that his arm was fading away from existence. At least...from this world.

Obito's mouth hung agape as he continued to watch as his arm slowly disintegrated into dust, slowly, like he was resurrected using the Edo Tensei Jutsu.

But... Why? Why... Why now...?

He just continued to stare as his fingers also started to blink out of the world, and the wind was fast enough to carry all the particles away.

He then felt a presence behind him.

"Sage of Six Paths... has my time come?" he asked, not bothering to look back.

Hagoromo, who was now behind him, did not reply physically.

"I believe you have done everything you have needed to do. It... is your time."

Obito clenched his fists together, though it would only hasten the loss of his arm.

"...but I still have Yahiko, Konan and Nagato to train. I can't leave yet. I still have to see myself become Hokage–"

He shook his head and turned around to face the God.

"I can't leave yet." he was firm in his stance, despite his almost hilarious shaking as his arm continued to fade away.

Hagoromo did not flinch; nor did he back away as Obito activated his Sharingan.

Barely a minute later, Hagoromo dispelled a deep sigh.

"I cannot afford to grant you what you wish, but... if you truly want to live out this world's potential... then the best I can do for you is to put you in a Genjutsu, and once it ends, you will be with the Uchiha Clan... and Rin Nohara."

Obito's brows lifted. "Genjutsu? Like the Eternal Tsukuyomi?"

Hagoromo did not respond.

Obito clenched his fists together again.