62: No One Needs To Remember Me

Jiraiya doesn't know about me (I hope), but Kushina does.

Tobi Kamui'd to Minato and Kushina's residence this time and he knocked on the door casually.

The door opened and Kushina froze when she saw who was behind the door.

Kushina was well-dressed; probably because she had plans later.

But when her hair started to rise like it usually did with that furious expression, Tobi simply pushed her shoulders in with ease and he shut the door behind them.

"Who... do you think you are barging in my home?" the red-haired woman asked angrily.

She was still someone easy to anger, despite all the years, although this time it wasn't to scold.

It was to fight for her life.

But Tobi wasn't like that.

Kushina suddenly ran back to another part of the house and Tobi sighed under his mask. He put it back on earlier.

Kushina was no longer anywhere to be seen as Tobi walked through the house.

Surely Naruto was with his team on a mission. Or in Ichiraku munching on some ramen. But that didn't matter; Naruto didn't know him, so therefore he wouldn't need to erase his memories either way.

It was only a good thing the ninja child wasn't there to be a nuisance to his plans.

Where did she go... Tobi activated his Sharingan and looked around for any movement.

Yup, Naruto wasn't there. His chakra signatures couldn't be detected, only Kushina's faint one, an obvious attempt at hiding it.

Tobi stopped in front of the living room. The chakra was getting nearer.

Without looking back Tobi phased through a kunai that was thrown behind his head.

He turned around and was now face to face with the Nine-Tails Jinchuriki.

"Kushina... Do not make this harder for me." Kushina only glared. Tobi sighed. So much like her husband.

He shook his head, closing his eye. "But, frankly, I don't need your cooperation."

Kushina lunged at him to attack, but Tobi simply opened his eye and she dropped down as soon as they made eye contact.

The weapon she was holding dropped to the floor with her with a 'thump'.

Her eyes were now closed and Tobi deactivated his Mangekyou Sharingan.

He took the weapon first, Kamuing it into a dimension as he carried Kushina's body to the couch. Kamuing her wouldn't be very pleasant if they were already close to a good spot to leave her in. Not like it would affect him if he did.

He laid her there easily as she seemed to already be sleeping peacefully.

The Uchiha just watched as she breathed like nothing ever happened.

He shook his head, and used his Kamui.

No one needs to remember me.

-----

Naruto arrived home. The mission wasn't all that hard, being a D rank and all, but he usually hung around Ichiraku before going home.

Today, though, is an exception as his mom lovingly (threateningly) told him to go home early as she would be cooking dinner for him.

But once he went home everything was quiet.

No sounds of cooking, no sounds of his mom walking around, nothing. Just, silence.

Already in slight alert at the unusual silence, he walked around as quietly as a ninja could.

And when he reached the living room, all his alertedness died down when he saw his mom sleeping on the couch.

Well, she seemed to be sleeping.

He wouldn't be surprised if she actually wasn't. She was that type of person to make you scream in fear when she had the chance. In the fun way, of course.

But when he approached her, walking up closer to her, she still didn't react. He raised a brow.

Suddenly, his mother opened her eyes.

"Eh... Naruto? What are you doing home so ear-"

She jumped up almost knocking Naruto over as she started to run to the kitchen.

"Oh no! Naruto! I must've slept during the cooking and-" she paused midway a she saw the stove.

It wasn't burning down.

"...it must've burned down..." she was staring confusedly but just shrugged.

She checked the pot to see the dish inside. It was overcooked, burned basically, and it wouldn't be servable to her son.

She sighed. "Geez. How could I sleep in the middle of cooking? And I thought I was a master at it..." she sighed again as Naruto walked in.

"What happened, mom?" he asked in confusion.

Kushina just shook her head. "Forget about the dinner I told you I'll cook for you. Ugh... you can go to Ichiraku with your teammates now if you'd like."

Naruto immediately lit up as she said that. "Really!? Awesome! Thanks, mom! I'll see you later!" he jumped up and down as he ran away from his mom to leave the house.

Kushina just sighed with a gloomy expression. Today was supposed to be a special day, for her and Minato, but supposedly she just wasn't in the mood to do it anymore.

Maybe another time.

She slumped her shoulders slightly as she made her way to the bedroom that she and Minato both shared.

I guess I'm too tired to continue that plan with Minato later... Might as well go back to sleep.

-----

Right. Did he forget?

Obito offd the stove earlier as to not burn the house down. He wasn't planning murder, anyway.

He continued to watch as Naruto woke up Kushina.

He used his Kamui again.

It's done. No one but Fugaku will remember me.