10: Stressed

Kakashi was never usually the one to intervene in non-ninja related things.

But maybe this time it is ninja related, because he doubts that his sensei and that masked man were just playing around.

He had witnessed a small part of what was happening atop the trees.

And he couldn't believe that his sensei had lied when he was sure it was a dangerous situation.

But why would sensei want to attack the masked man?

Kakashi was still a child. He may be a prodigy, a young Chunin, but he still had the mind of a child. Being stressed was part of that.

If he was to become a Jonin, he needed to be suspicious at all times, and not be stressed. One of them was not be stressed, because stress would only make their Chakra more detectable.

The masked man and his sensei didn't seem to notice the sudden Chakra level that Kakashi had been leaking out upon witnessing the kunai on his sensei's hand, aimed directly at the masked man's head just before the man dodged and grabbed his sensei's wrist and that was when Kakashi looked away.

But the main reason that Kakashi had been stressed was because the war had just finished. He couldn't afford having a new one happening with a spy from yet another village.

And there was something eerie about that masked man that somehow makes him feel familiar, yet far from it.

And his sensei must have also been thinking about the incident because he had accidentally twisted Kakashi's wrist.

It hurt but he let it go. His sensei apologised anyway. But Kakashi couldn't help but feel that his sensei was somehow seeing Kakashi as the masked man from earlier, seeing as he was reenacting what had happened to his own wrist.

They continued their spar either way.

But that was yesterday, when Obito stupidly asked the masked man to join them in their training.

At that moment he severely hated the Uchiha. How can he be so dense? He's stupid, but not that stupid.

Kakashi sighed as he lept out of bed. Today, that suspicious man would be training with them.

-----

Obito woke up particularly late. At least in ninja standards he was late.

From how the sun was positioned in the sky, he could tell he would still be considered early even if they already started.

He sighed before stretching his arms and jumping off the bench, but not before grabbing his mask and putting it back on.

Then he was ready. He still didn't know what Jutsu to show, though.

He didn't shunshin, just ran as he passed by multiple stalls in the village. He didn't have any money on him, but because he wasn't local a man in a stall of his own gave him a treat for free. Although the next time he would have to pay if he ever bought there again.

A nice man. The outside world's expected side of the village hidden in the leaves.

Obito thanked him before continuing to run towards training ground seven.

Not long after he finished his breakfast, he reached the place.

He saw Rin and Minato sitting on the bench while his younger self and Kakashi had a spar.

The two in the front then saw him approaching then quietly.

Obito returned to Tobi.

"Took you long enough." Kakashi grumbled audibly.

Tobi didn't say anything as a response to that. Although it did seem he was late from the looks he was given. Old habits always resurface it seems.

His younger self smiled widely. "You're here! Why don't you show us your Jutsus?" he said as he ran to him, forgetting about his and Kakashi's spar.

Was I always this excitable? I mean, right now I'm a stranger....

Tobi nodded, slowly, as if hesitant. Minato sat up and Rin followed.

"Obito, since we're already here, why don't me and Tobi have a spar? Maybe then he'll use his techniques." the blonde started. Obito oh'd, before nodding.

Tobi could feel Kakashi's stare at the lone hole of his mask. He ignored it as curiosity.

But really, Tobi was turning quite nervous. Imagine having a 'spar' with the village's feared Yellow Flash as an enemy. Wouldn't it make you nervous, too?

I have to be careful. One mistake can lead to dire consequences.

Tobi nodded again and Minato gave him yet another fake smile. His eyes said it all.

Tobi walked towards the middle of the training ground, where Obito and Kakashi was before, while Minato trailed behind him.

He made sure to be extra alert in case Minato decides to put a seal on him like their last fight. The Rasengan on his back hurt more than it looked.

Behind them Tobi could already hear the Genin talking amongst themselves on who they think would win. How would this match end, anyway?

Tobi gulped. If Minato kills me now during this spar then he can explain afterward why and his students could, and would only believe him.

"I really don't know. How about we just watch?" Rin said and Tobi heard.

"We can. But we don't know what to expect yet. Rin's right! We can wait 'till then." his younger self piped up. He also heard Kakashi grumble.

The three Genins he heard sat down and decided to observe.

Soon enough, the two adults were already in their positions.

Minato was, from the Genins' point of view, on the left side while Tobi was on the right.

Tobi and the blonde had a stare down. The Genins quieted down and only watched their movements.

Tobi squinted his eye but in the blink of an eye there was a Kunai headed straight towards him. He couldn't see the handle but he knew it would be dangerous even then.

It was aimed right for his forehead. He moved his head to the side and quickly jumped away as Minato reformed and caught the blade behind him.

The blonde had a glare on his face, and Tobi immediately knew what he was going for.

He was going for the kill.

Minato returned to his stance again but this time, Tobi humored him.

If he planned on killing him, then he might as well play rough, too. Minato won't know what's coming as he, too, made a stance, now far away from the blonde.

He put his hands together. This is going to be fun.