11: Becoming Serious

Tobi made hand signs quickly as soon as he put his hands together and he jumped through a hole that was summoned at his feet.

Minato saw this as the hole patched itself up on the ground.

He didn't dare take his eyes off of his surroundings. Tobi could be anywhere by now.

So this is a Jutsu of this Uchiha. Not all fire style, it seems. However...

Minato's thoughts were broken as he felt the ground shake. He turned around, making sure his Kunai was perfectly aligned with the attacker's neck, but he felt nothing pierce it.

He looked down and saw a hole, but it was empty as it started to fill up as well.

"Over here." Tobi scoffed from behind him. Minato swiftly forced his body to turn around and at the same time he caught a glimpse of a dark hood jumping down to yet another dark hole.

Minato tsked in annoyance as quietly as he could. He glanced at his students and saw them watching the fight with great interest.

Tobi didn't appear for a few more minutes after Minato diverted his attention.

"Why are you hiding? Is that Jutsu all you got?" Minato taunted, voice loud enough for someone underground to hear.

Minato was about to say something once more before a a huge heat went in front of his body..

He stared as a huge fire ball was blasted from underground. It might have hit him if he didn't professionally step away.

Minato recovered from the surprise and the slight new adrenaline. "So this is how it is, huh..." he shook his head, "This was supposed to be a spar, not a place for surprise attacks!"

"If it was going to be a spar then why did you attack me with your Kunai?" Tobi's voice slightly echoed. Minato turned around quickly and saw Tobi appearing from another hole on the ground.

The blonde then grimaced as he realized the man had a point.

He huffed through his nose as he backed away further, returning to his original spot, all the while staring at Tobi.

"Fine." he dropped his weapon, but not completely taking all of them off as there was still one or two in both his pant leg's pouches.

But for Tobi, the good thing about him taking those specific ones away is that he wouldn't be able to use his teleportation technique against him.

If this was outside of Konoha or a life or death situation, then the blonde wouldn't be so tolerable.

The Genins continued to watch with silence.

"Let's do this." Minato continued after a while of fixing his position.

He stood straight, still, but Tobi knew once he got close would the man only strike.

Tobi was experienced with fights like these. But he was more used to using his Jutsu.

"Are Jutsus allowed?" Tobi asked and Minato glanced at the Genins in contemplation.

His younger self gave a thumbs up, already impressed at the wack-a-mole Jutsu that Tobi created by himself and the fire ball he released from underground.

Kakashi looked hesitant but his eyes showed confirmation.

Minato sighed, turning back to look at Tobi. "Yeah."

Tobi could feel himself smile menacingly under his mask.

He didn't know why he seemed pleased with the answer.

After that, Tobi sprinted towards Minato. The blonde was quick to use his arm to block the punch Tobi was sending straight to his face, but that only led to Minato not noticing the other hand creeping up on his stomach.

The blonde jumped back at the pressure that turned into pain on his stomach.

But he continued to stand, as both of them started to make circles around each other, meters away.

Like a 'draw' game in the desert, but they had no guns.

Then, they both sprinted towards each other and Tobi could hear his own heart inside of his ears as he barely dodged a kick from Minato also aimed at his stomach.

He saw an upper hook approaching from Minato but he moved away and grabbed the blonde's right wrist, where the attack was from.

Tobi tightened his grip and he saw Minato wince at the new pain. But his eyes remained determined.

This man can kill me and he can say I was a threat.

But it seems Minato was true to his word because instead of grabbing a Kunai like Tobi expected, he instead balled his fist and tried to swing at Tobi's masked face.

Tobi was going to take it before a sudden blue light flashed.

That was when he noticed it.

But Tobi was too slow to react as the fist with the newly-activated Rasengan hit his mask.

The light blinded his lone eye and the situation gave him a sense deja vu.

He felt his jaw 'pop' as the sheer force of the Rasengan threw him across the whole training ground, making his neck hurt badly as his head went and endured all the pressure, thus gliding across its own lower half. The Rasengan made a loud sound as it collided with his swirl for a mask.

He hit his head hard as soon as he landed, and he could tell from the wind hitting the right side of his face that a part of the mask had been broken.

He was panting by then. Was the Rasengan really this powerful? Was Naruto this powerful?

Tobi could hear the Genins gasp at the instant damage their sensei had dealt.

Tobi could also hear Minato's footsteps approaching him measuredly through the small debris from Tobi's landing.

But Tobi wasn't going to give up. He won't get caught.

So with that said, he fired yet another fire ball when the blonde was already standing over him. He saw Minato's eyes widen at the display.

He must've thought I'd give up that easily. As if!

He stood up swiftly and made sure to put a hand to the hole on his mask to make sure no one sees. He cast yet another fire style jutsu, aiming it directly at the blonde.

Minato backed away as the fire ball almost directly hit his face.

Tobi saw Minato starting another Rasengan with precise Chakra controll, and Tobi started to make fast one-hand hand signs while his other hand covered up the hole on his mask.

They both sprinted towards each other as a fire ball was spat towards Minato and Minato's Rasengan getting bigger as he reached up his arm towards the incoming fire ball.

Minato gritted his teeth as he pressured his Rasengan to get bigger without having it burst at the unnecessary amount of Chakra. He absolutely needed to get this man killed, lest he wanted another problem to break out in Konoha. The Uchiha clan head's words meant nothing.

But before any damage could be dealt a voice stopped them. "What's going on!?"

Minato accidentally lost his Rasengan as he lost focus and the fire ball was quickly put out by Tobi as soon as he also heard the voice.

Approaching them is a man with a Jonin vest.

Tobi sighed as the Jonin gave them both angry looks while approaching. Damn it.