57: Temporary Satisfaction

Obito was smiling as he munched on the food Rin had cooked for both him, and Kakashi.

Like usual, Kakashi either didn't eat or ate behind some tree. This time, Kakashi ate behind a tree.

"Wow, Rin! This food tastes amazing!" Obito praised. Rin blushed slightly. "Thank you, Obito. I appreciate it." she mumbled in response after a minute.

Kakashi slumped his shoulders as he put on his mask again. "Geez. I honestly feel like a third wheel..." Kakashi ignored as Obito gave him a side-glare for ruining the mood.

Rin just stared as Kakashi went out from behind the tree and sat down beside the two of them.

"So," Kakashi started, adjusting his ninja headband that was covering his Sharingan eye, "How's your team, Obito?"

He raised a brow as he asked, and Obito stopped his eating. "Eh, pretty okay. Naruto and Sasuke's being really cooperative and Rin's helping with Sakura. That's that." the Uchiha shrugged as he took another bite. The sandwich Rin makes is his favorite. The compliments are common, but they never fail to fluster the said girl.

Kakashi shrugged, as well. "Okay. Rin?" he continued to ask.

Rin just smiled. "Okay. My missions aren't as tough as I thought," she giggled, "Although I guess that's because I have Obito with me."

This time, it was Obito's turn to blush. He looked away from them momentarily. "Yeah..." he mumbled through a full mouth.

Kakashi slapped the back of his head mockingly, "Don't talk when your mouth is full."

Kakashi was surely smirking under his mask as Obito grew a tic mark on his temple.

He glared again at the Hatake. "You're not my grandm-"

"Sensei!"

Kakashi started to chuckle as Obito was cut off with a familiar, childish voice.

He turned around and saw his team, team seven, running towards his own team.

Naruto was the first to reach them. "Sensei! Can we train today?" he asked with that Kushina smile.

Obito pouted like a child as Sasuke crossed his arms.

Obito sighed, scratching the back of his head. "Come on, Naruto..." Sasuke grumbled from behind the blonde, and Obito continued, "Sasuke... You both- no, you all know it's my rest day today..." he glanced at Sakura.

Sakura, upon seeing Rin awkwardly looking down, frowned towards Obito's direction. "Ugh, I was right after all! Your rest day's a date!"

Naruto showed his teeth with a bigger smile as he heard the Haruno say that. "That's right! Obito-sensei, you're on a date aren't you!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes as Obito and Rin blushed furiously while making attempts to deny the claims.

Kakashi just sat there as he was ignored. I am just a Third wheel.

-----

"How's everyone been doing, my team?" suddenly, another familiar voice came barging in.

The three Genins were the first to look back and to their surprise, they saw the Hokage himself.

"Dad!" Naruto smiled wide again as he went and hugged his dad's legs. The bigger blonde, Minato Namikaze, approached his former team as Naruto followed him.

Sasuke watched with a small, barely visible pout after seeing Naruto comfortably talking with the Hokage of the village. Sakura just kept on watching.

"Hokage-sama," Kakashi, Obito and Rin greeted in sync.

The Genins aligned themselves properly behind the Hokage as the older trio stood up to properly bow to their Hokage.

"Now, now," Minato let out an awkward laugh, "You don't need to be so formal with me. I used to be your sensei, you know?"

Obito took a glance at Minato and finally lifted his head. "Um... alright..." at that, Kakashi and Rin also lifted their heads.

Minato continued to smile moderately. "I'm glad to see you all grow so... cooperative? Is that how I say it?"

Minato laughed awkwardly again as his former students just stared at him quietly.

"Uh, gotta go. I have a mission this afternoon- I'll see you guys later." Kakashi waved as he suddenly dispelled himself.

"Shadow clone...? Damn Kakashi, using a clone on a picnic day...!" Obito was quick to shut himself up as he again realized that their former sensei and Hokage was there.

"Um... me too, sensei! I have a plan this afternoon, too, so... Obito! Let's go!" Rin grabbed Obito's arm as they both shunshin'd away.

Minato just stared as even the Genins walked away, including his own son.

"Awww, see, dad! You made sensei and his team go away! What a killjoy," Naruto rolled his eyes as they all walked away.

Minato had his mouth hanging open as they all left him there all alone.

He slumped his shoulders and sighed. "Geez... did I really become that old?"

He picked at his hair, "Am I awkward?"

He sighed one last time as he, too, shunshin'd away.

-----

Ever since Obito saw that orange-haired boy, he's been dreaming non-stop about another orange-haired guy with piercings everywhere and really strange, purple eyes.

And, what's even more shocking, is the fact that it's been coming only from the eye that Tobi gave him.

What the hell...? Obito thought as he fell to his knee. Rin gasped as Obito fell and she immediately grabbed his arm to keep him balanced.

The Uchiha had a hand covering the eye he was given years prior.

He just glanced at Rin for a single second and that was when he fell to his knees. He's always looked at Rin... so he was confused as to why this time it had an effect...

Maybe it was because he looked at Rin this time... with only Tobi's eye?

Obito groaned as he felt a different kind of pain coming from his one and only eye.

A pain that could be classified as his eye burning; like when he saw Rin in that predicament that night...

His body completely hit the ground when his arm suddenly phased through Rin's own helping hand.

Rin's eyes widened. "Obito!" she kneeled down to hold onto him as he was now writhing in pain.

"Ah..." He made a crack in-between his fingers to look at Rin again with that eye, and his results were immediate

"AHHH...!!!"

-----

Kakashi immediately ran towards that scream and his eye widened upon seeing Obito suddenly swirling both him and Rin inside his eye.