8: Hypocritical Man

Later that afternoon Obito already forgot about it.

Maybe not actually 'forgot,' he just let it slip past his mind as it was now a done job.

He jumped tree to tree and finally arrived again at the training ground.

Only yesterday did he almost get caught and only yesterday did he appear in this world.

He slipped back his hood earlier and was now watching the three Genins come back for their afternoon training.

Supposedly I can wait until I can change the past when they are finally Chunins.

He was about to jump down and surprise them before he felt a hand on his shoulder.

His eye widened as he turned around and swung his head back, successfully dodging the Kunai attack aimed at the side of his head.

He didn't use his Sharingan so that it wouldn't be clear that he was, indeed, an Uchiha.

He still avoided eye contact, however. But even then it seems he already knew who the perpetrator was from the chest alone.

Sensei.

A green leaf jonin vest with blue long sleeves.

He looked up as soon as the speeding Kunai was out of bounds against him and yes, it was the blonde Yellow Flash of the leaf.

He grabbed the wrist where the Kunai was just like when he released the Nine-tails. He made sure that the man was in an uncomfortable position.

He finally noticed that the attack was meant for an instant kill.

Brutal place of attack, yet he acts so nice. A true hypocrite.

He glared at Minato coldly with his onyx eye.

Minato had a glare of his own as he positioned his other hand to another pouch on his leg.

Prepared. Ninjas are always prepared.

"Why are you here? Tell me the truth." Minato spat quickly as he readied his hand for the other weapon.

His wrist was still tightly held by Obito so he was already trying to take it away from the death grip before it unfortunately breaks from the force.

If I were to put more force then surely you would have more than just broken wrists.

Obito still didn't answer him. Minutes after there was still no answer Minato quickly took another Kunai from the pouch and aimed it directly at Obito's neck.

Obito jumped back again and ultimately falling down the tree with Minato losing his balance and falling with him.

Obito knew how to control situations like these so it was only Minato who would get injured if he doesn't move.

But even while falling from that tall tree Minato was still trying to swing the Kunai at him.

Good thing it's not a Shuriken. Shuriken hurts more, specially if it's from a long distance.

Obito's learned a lot from Madara, begrudgingly. He didn't want to admit he used to look up to the man before he died of old age in his reality.

Obito could feel the three young Genins' gazes up at them whilst they fell.

The fall must've been too fast because apparently, it was funny because his younger self started laughing far below them.

Tobi couldn't help but feel annoyed of his younger self. Was I really that much of an idiot?

Once he and Minato finally landed, he managed to make sure that the blonde landed in him as to not injure him.

He and Minato fell with a loud grassy thud.

Minato was groaning as he swiftly stood up. Rin was quick to run to her Sensei and Tobi. The hood was knocked off again.

"Sensei, Tobi! Are you both okay?" she asked. Rin is a medic. Right.

Tobi sat up slowly, checked his hands, and nodded at the young girl with a worried face.

The Kunai had long been taken by Tobi as soon as the blonde landed on him.

He hid it in his cloak.

He glanced at Minato and the man was already trying to reassure his young students that he was fine, as well as Tobi.

"What were you both doing, Sensei? You were pretty funny!" Obito mused enthusiastically with a wide smile.

Minato seemed hesitant as he glanced down at Tobi before laughing awkwardly. "Uh... Well, I actually surprised him and we both fell by accident."

Obito oh'd. "Really?" he glanced at Tobi, and then, his mouth split into another smile.

"Why won't Tobi train with us?" he asked, and Kakashi bumped Obito with his elbow. "We don't just bring in some strangers into our training, dimwit." he said with a frown.

Obito pouted. Minato's brows lifted, as if considering an idea. He started to rub his wrist, the same one that Tobi had grabbed as he side-glanced the white-haired with an expression that looks dark.

Then, he turned back to his students with a light smile. Damn hypocrite.

"I'll consider it."

Minato said. Obito perked up while Kakashi grumbled. Rin didn't seem to mind the idea as she smiled at Tobi who was now starting to stand up while holding his back.

Obito was about to speak to Tobi before Minato lifted a finger. "But," he started as Obito turned around to look at him, "It would happen tomorrow. We have special training today because the Chunin exams is near."

Obito oh'd, before nodding. "Sure! Tomorrow is fine." he said, turning away from Tobi.

"And, hey!" Obito started as he looked up at Obito's lone eye. "Tomorrow you can show us your Jutsus!"

The younger Obito smiled at him that Naruto smile with closed eyes before running back to Kakashi who was already far away from the group with Rin trailing behind him.

Minato didn't come along yet as he glared at Tobi sideways. His eyes were cold, staring right into Tobi's mind set.

"It doesn't mean that you're an Uchiha rogue that I'll just let you go." the blonde stated. Tobi stayed quiet.

"Sensei!" Rin called out while waving and Minato quickly chuckled, releasing himself from his cold glare. "I'm coming!"

He stepped a few steps forward before stopping again, not turning back to look at Tobi.

"I'm watching you."

And then, he runs towards his students readying themselves for their training.

Tobi watched from far away as Minato conversed with his students like nothing even happened.

He sighed as he then Shunshin'd away. A true hypocrite.