32: Awoken By A Check-up

"Ow!"

Obito yelped instinctively as Minato touched a still-slightly-bleeding wound from an enemy nin's kunai that he got from the fight.

Minato wasn't at all stunned at the Uchiha's reaction but his brows still raised.

"Sorry, Obito." he laughed awkwardly, now retracting his hand from the unclear wound. "As the future Hokage I needed to make sure my student is as fine as they seem."

Obito pouted. But then again, if he wanted to be Hokage himself, he might as well listen.

He opted to sit up instead.

But the blonde held his shoulder and pushed him back down to the bed gently.

"Don't tire yourself trying to sit, Obito. Just rest until you feel better." he said, patting the same shoulder.

"Ughhhh...." Obito groaned, letting himself plop down on his back as well. When he worked his muscles to sit up, he felt more pain litter his body, so he allowed his sensei to lead him back down.

Minato smiled down at him. "Anyway," he started up again, with Obito groaning to himself for being weakened, "Kakashi is also awake now."

Obito stopped his whining almost immediately and looked up at Minato with expectation.

Minato smiled wider, his cerulean eyes starting to shine with awe.

"Alright." he walked to the side, and pulled the curtain that was previously open when he was last conscious.

After he pulled it he was greeted with a Kakashi who was already sitting down with his newly-transplanted eye closed.

To conserve Chakra for the Sharingan, Obito thought before a big smile graced his lips.

"Kakashi!" he called out, and the Hatake almost immediately turned his head towards him.

Obito showed his teeth as he smiled the biggest smile he could muster towards his teammate.

"Obito..." Kakashi's eye softened its gaze as it landed on Obito's face.

Obito's remaining eye stared at Kakashi's closed eye fondly. "Guess now we're one and the same." the Uchiha said with that same smile, never at all wavering for any second.

Kakashi didn't respond verbally, but the way he turned his head away from Obito's direction signalled the end of that conversation.

Minato watched as his two students interacted.

Now, for them to truly be complete, all he needed to wait for was-

"Obito!"

Ah. Speak of the devil.

Minato turned around and was greeted with a bow of respect from Rin, the one he was waiting for for his team to become complete.

"Ah! Rin!" Obito's eye sparkled at her arrival, which now was just the same pitch black as before he awakened his Sharingan.

Rin ran up to him, and gave him a big hug. "Obito! I can't believe it, you're okay!" she mused with relief as her hug got tighter.

Obito accepted the hug, as he hugged her back. "Yeah! Of course I'd be okay! It's just an eye, after all!" he laughed, but then winced as Rin accidentally brushed against an injured spot.

Rin jolted back. "Sorry..." Obito just laughed it off.

Then, her eyes trailed from Obito to Kakashi, who was just sitting there with his eyes closed.

Rin was about to hug him to but was stopped with a raised hand from the Hatake.

He opened his original eye, and stared at Rin with a bit more fondness than usual.

"I don't want any contact from you."

It sounded harsh but Rin just smiled and giggled at him.

Kakashi didn't speak any further as the Nohara just simply backed away in respect and nodded for whatever was happening before she arrived to continue.

Minato nodded as well, before putting a hand to his mouth and clearing his throat.

"As you all can see, two of you had been injured by the enemy ninjas from the hidden mist, and maybe even the hidden stone." the blonde started. The three of his students all stared at him with varying serious expressions at the sudden change in his tone.

Minato's cerulean orbs emptied and only a dark look remained as he glared at seemingly no one.

"...a war had been initiated between Konoha, Kiri, and Iwa."

He paused at the end with an expression he has never before showed his students.

His students listened intently as he sighed, "...because of the ninjas both parties had taken from us, this time it is Konoha who has started it. "

Their eyes widened at their sensei's words.

Obito was about to speak up considering his open mouth before he was cut off, "And the final straw was the way that the Iwa nins planned on killing an Uchiha, and the last Hatake in Konoha."

The three students became as silent as the night in the forest.

Minato looked down at them.

"And during this ninja war..."

The blonde cleared his throat again, closing his eyes, as his students stared at him in anticipation.

Minato opened his eyes and smiled all of a sudden through his previously cold expression.

"...I will finally be appointed Hokage."

-----

"Hokage, huh..." Obito mused lowly from behind the door of Team Seven.

His hood was on now as he let the med-nin he caught from earlier go without injury.

His white hair shone brightly inside the white hospital of the village he used to serve.

He looked outside the window, as the morning sun illuminated everything inside the hospital.

This is a massive change as Minato-sensei was only appointed Hokage after the war.

Obito continued to listen in on their conversation as he stared at his Hashirama cell hand, flexing his fingers as well.

Supposedly it changed because there was never born a depressed Hatake, and a missing Teammate.