25: No Difference

Obito watched.

So there was no difference. I'd still lose an eye.

The Uchiha planned on keeping his eye, but then again he used to be a bleeding heart so he knew that his past self couldn't, and wouldn't be able to help himself.

Of course, he also wanted to save Kakashi's eye, but that was what he failed to save first, other than Rin who was kidnapped in the night.

But now that he thinks about it, Obito's plan was to fight with Kakashi, and become the Ultimate duo when it came to fighting.

Supposedly now it also crossed his past self's mind. Not that he didn't like it, of course.

At least Kakashi didn't have to suffer using only one eye as a Jonin-ranked Ninja, and no burden in his heart at the 'death' of his past self.

Obito didn't like how Kakashi became a cold, heartless ANBU, but when he was still in Madara's clutches it only made his already negative view of him worse.

He continued to stare as his past self and everyone else made an agreement about the transplant.

This time, however, Obito pondered, how would Kakashi react? Did our relationship in this world get any better?

Kushina was rubbing his- his past self's head with a really big smile, indicating that she, being a hot-headed witch sometimes, approved of the surgery.

Minato was all smiles as well. That was to be expected. And Rin, too. But Kakashi lay motionless, unconscious and unaware on the other side.

Obito sighed. At least I avoided my descent to the darkness.

The masked Uchiha used his Kamui and went away.

Now all I have to do is make sure Rin doesn't get kidnapped again and made the Jinchuriki of the three-tails, and make sure she doesn't commit suicide.

But, why don't I target the real problem first?

It's going to be a win-win for me anyway if I go for the real deal.

Obito smirked uncharacteristically inside of his mask while he fled from Konohagakure's territory.

Just you wait, Madara....

-----

"What?"

Madara asked coldly.

The Zetsu under his gaze slightly shook whatever solid matter it has left from its body after the harsh fire attack of the old Uchiha.

"There was no other Uchiha boy in the fall, Madara." another Zetsu said rather sternly despite its predicament.

Madara clenched his grip on the throne-like chair he was sitting on as he thought about who could have disrupted his plan.

He needed a successor, someone who would gladly, determinedly resurrect him if ever his time came.

He was too old now. Too old to continue what he used to do. Time is the one thing he had no control over.

He needed someone younger, someone like him, to continue his job for him diligently.

Now that his only chance was taken away, he needed to vent by destroying whoever had saved him. That boy. That Uchiha. Obito.

Even if he had to kill someone for that boy to join his side, then so be it.

It wouldn't matter at all as long as he had his successor at his disposal. As long as he brings that hopeful little brat to his side.

He had been watching the Uchiha. He was bright, care-free... Almost like an exact copy of him when he met Hashirama.

He didn't like how Obito had acted with that girl teammate of his... Rin, was it? He seemed to be infatuated with her, a crush, maybe.

And that Hatake. Madara had known the White Fang of the Leaf, the silver-haired boy's father.

He had heard that the White Fang's son was a prodigy, and he and the Uchiha boy were rivals even as teammates.

Like me and Hashirama. He thought. But none of them were prodigies.

He shook his head, his long faded hair swaying with him with surprising grace.

He'd have to kill one of them, and if that Obito boy had enough connection with them then surely he'll gain the Mangekyou, and he will do the rest after.

But the thing is, Madara needed to decide which one of the two he needed kill for the Obito boy to feel pain.

He hummed as he thought back to all the reports of the Zetsus about the boy's unending puppy feelings for the Rin girl.

He closed his eyes. He could take things to his advantage. A war had just started, right?

...

It will be an easy decision.