54: Arrival; Sensei Lookalike POV

"We're here!"

The three of them finally arrived at Konohagakure's gates.

The guards at the front were questioning who they were but they just ran in without problem.

For the first ninja village ever, their guards suck! The three of them ignored the guards threatening to tell the Hokage as they laughed it off.

-----

"Wow... So this is where sensei used to live?" Yahiko asked no one as the three of them looked around.

The point of them coming here was to... well, they came here because their sensei said they were old enough to venture into other villages, and the village he was most familiar with was the first.

They awed at the size of the village. Compared to the Hidden Rain, it was how many times larger.

They wondered why their sensei left it.

Suddenly, Yahiko bumped shoulders into someone.

The person who bumped into him turned around with wide eyes. "Oh- sorry! I wasn't looking! Are you okay!?" he, a man with the typical Konoha headband, was frantic in apologising.

Yahiko was just staring at him as he bowed in apology.

"Sorry! I'm really so- I'm really late for our meeting so I gotta go!" he apologized one last time before speed-walking away again.

But before he fully left them alone, he turned his head around and shouted, "Oh- my name's Obito by the way!"

The three just stared speechless as 'Obito' Shunshin'd away.

Yahiko just ignored it and instead just dusted his shoulder. "He and sensei have the same name." Konan pointed out with a small one-shoulder shrug.

Nagato nodded. "Looks slightly the same, but without the scar,"

Nagato used a Jutsu to make his eyes look normal to replace his Rinnegan when out in other villages.

Konan nodded at the realization. "True," she continued in confirmation.

"Come on, it's probably just a coincidence. Who else would look like sensei? Unless they're brothers..." Yahiko seemed to have shivered at the last part.

They continued to walk through the village, disregarding what just happened and soon, the guards caught up to them with a few more Jonins.

Yahiko just laughed it off as the three of them disappeared in a puff of smoke.

-----

Obito Shunshin'd towards his three Genins' training ground, only for his right eye to hurt..

He groaned as he saw faint visions of the orange-haired bit he bumped into earlier.

It was faint, so he barely saw anything, but he was sure that he saw the outline of purple eyes and orange hair.

It lasted only a second before it stopped completely. It came only from the eye that was given to him.

He sighed as he shook his head and met with his students.

"Hey, guys." he greeted with a big, toothy smile.

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were a handful, as Sakura wanted nothing else to do but crush over Sasuke and Sasuke being a one-sided rivak for Naruto.

As the Hokage's former student, it was natural that Naruto and he would be close. Sasuke, too, as Obito was an Uchiha.

Sakura was the one he had problems connecting with. Although whenever he brought Rin to their training they would be best friends and Sakura would talk to Rin about her crush on Sasuke.

Naruto was not a prodigy, but he worked hard and Sasuke was like his brother, a prodigy. But because they're both from powerful backgrounds, it was natural they both had fangirls. But Sakura was in Sasuke's party until the end.

Sakura started to scold Naruto again for being too loud and Naruto just shrugged, quieting down but still not minding her presence too much.

Sasuke was just staring at Naruto with a calculating look, like usual.

"Alright." Obito activated his Sharingan, and almost immediately Sasuke was staring up at his eyes in awe. Naruto just smiled and Sakura looked up at him.

"Let's start our training!"

-----

"I wonder how they're doing in Konoha..." Obito murmured to himself  as he sipped on his morning coffee.

He chuckled to himself, "Probably causing trouble..." he trailed off when he saw faint visions of Pain.

He frowned and shook his head. All of a sudden...?

"It's in the past...don't feel bad..." he sighed. Either I just recollected it or... maybe my past self met with Yahiko? he didn't like the idea. But it was to be expected if he let them leave Amegakure and to the village he used to be part of.

He shrugged. "Whatever." As he took a sip of coffee. Even if they find out... It won't hurt to explain to them...

-----

Yahiko chuckled to himself as he and the other two watched the guards searching for them.

Their light atmosphere was broken, however, when they felt a Chakra presence looming behind them.

They all turned around, ready to fight whoever it was before they were greeted with a white-haired man with red stripes on his face.

"Uh..."

"Hello!"

"Augh! Old man!" Yahiko jumped back as the 'old man' laughed at him.

"Don't worry!" he laughed again, before offering his hand for a shake to one of them. "Name's Jiraiya, the Toad Sage."

Yahiko looked at Nagato and Konan and they just stared at each other silently, neither contemplating nor thinking about it.

"Well?" Jiraiya continued, raising a brow. Yahiko knitted his brows together, before gulping and taking the hand.

"Yahiko." he introduced himself, shaking it.

"I'm Konan," Konan started, "And this is Nagato." she pointed at the red-haired boy Nagato.

"We're from the Hidden Rain. We were just visiting this village." Konan continued for them, explaining briefly yet straight to the point.

Jiraiya nodded, and smiles. "Well, it's nice to meet you!"