52: Time Is A Unique Thing, Really

When Obito finally killed off Black Zetsu, his face became much brighter, with more expressions.

Maybe that laugh, that cry after he did the deed- brought his true self back.

Team Seven's Hokage-dreaming idiot, and the one-sided rival of Kakashi Hatake. Maybe that Obito returned to his soul after he finally proved that his cause of death and plenty of war-crimes would be avoided.

He returned to the children light-hearted and happier than before.

He was all smiles the whole afternoon, and he even promised to teach them more the next day, which was strange, for the three of them.

After he left earlier, he was brighter than usual when he came back.

That riled up the three too, though, instead of scaring them, as if Obito's visible change was for good.

Which was true, honestly.

It continued on like that, as their bonds grew even more.

-----

Eight years passed by in a blink of an eye.

Konoha is in its peak of Jonins and new Genins, all excellent in their generation.

Team Seven became a team again after all three of them became Jonin.

The rogue incident was forgotten as Minato's position as Hokage was becoming less of a hassle, as there were no war threats and no war at all, his paperwork becoming less and less every year.

Him and Kushina already had a child now, too, and the clans were in their place.

Hiruzen, the former Hokage, was also settling in deeper into his retirement, only relaxing now as the Sannin, his students, were somewhere else in their own lives.

The Uchiha Police Force remained tough, and the Main Family in the clan had another child, a little boy named Sasuke, in honor of the former Hokage's grandfather.

Itachi has been growing up finely, as well, and even became friends with a powerful Genjutsu-caster, Shisui Uchiha, known as the 'Shisui of the Body Flicker'.

The world had been in peace, as nothing was going wrong.

The Nine-Tails was still in Kushina, and their son, Naruto Namikaze, was born perfectly healthy and fine.

He and Sasuke even became playmates, as the Uchiha's Main Family needed someone to play with their youngest son while their oldest went out for missions in the ANBU.

Once Obito became a Jonin, he volunteered to become a Sensei for students fresh out of the academy, which earned him an applause from Rin.

He was still head-over-heels for that girl, and Kakashi even left them alone to read his 'Icha Icha Paradise' book, which, by the way, Obito was happy for as he had more time to chat with the Nohara in the Ichiraku Ramen Shop while eating.

Their life has been going great ever since what happened during their first Chunin days, when Rin was hospitalized and him and Kakashi were de-ranked.

Minato already disregarded those incidents and continued to treat his students like before.

Obito even grew close with his Sensei and Kushina's child, as he reminded Obito of himself when he has younger.

Naruto always had a big smile on his face. He wasn't a prankster, he was more reserved like his dad, but when it came to it he was just like his mom, giddy and all smiles.

And not to mention that Obito has been more comfortable ever since he started using the eye Tobi gifted him.

He may have already said it before, but he was truly thankful as it helped him alot.

He also found out that when he used his Mangekyou in that eye, it didn't go blind, like Fugaku said. He didn't want to rest out his other eye, so he kept it to himself and Kakashi.

So far, Obito was working as hard as he can so that in the future, he would be a Hokage candidate and, soon, will become Hokage himself!

It excited him, the thought of finally achieving his dream.

For now, though, he would only be thanking the people who supported him and will give it his all, no matter the challenge.

He will become Hokage soon, he knew too well with Danzo even appreciating him slightly for his skills during missions.

-----

Konan, Nagato and Yahiko traveled through the trees towards their destination; Konohagakure.

Their sensei told them it was okay, so they listened and went their way.

They were now as powerful as the can be, after eight years under their sensei's wing.

He even showed them his 'Kekkei Genkai', as he namesd it, and it was his eye.

It turns out he was from a clan in the same village they were going to, the 'Uchiha Clan', one of the founding clans of Konohagakure.

And, they also found out three years into their training, that Nagato, too, was part of a powerful clan with high, inhuman Chakra reserves, and that his, at first, strange eyes was a powerhouse.

Nagato, after learning of the things his eyes could do, decided to train with it, too.

Soon, after a full eight years, they managed to perfect their techniques.

Konan learned how to control paper with her Chakra, and can now do many things with it.

Yahiko learned at least two or three more Chakra natures aside his water one and, overall, they learned more Jutsu and Taijutsu, and even earned themselves the headband of their village.

It was still rainy there, but that didn't hinder their training one bit.

All three of them still remembered that bell-catching training that their sensei redid since the first time, and that brought a smile to their faces.

-----

"Alright. Just like before."

Obito dangled the two bells around, and hung them in his hip.

"You've all grown well," he eyed them one by one. They all had determined, yet differing expressions. "And I'm sure you've learned well, too."

Obito stood straight, and stared down at his now-students.

"Ready?" he asked them all.

The three nodded in sync. "Okay... Three..."

They all tensed, but remained in their places.

"Two..."

Silence.

"..."

Yahiko narrowed his eyes as Obito activated his Sharingan.

"....one!"