37: Sorting It Out

"YOU TWO!"

It wasn't hard to guess who called out to the both of them.

Obito and Kakashi looked up simultaneously and saw their sensei in his Hokage coat almost fuming with wide, angry cerulean eyes.

"What, in the ABSOLUTE HELL where you thinking!?" his voice was loud, and he didn't bother containing the furious expression on his face.

His loud voice made the two of them shrink back in their seats as he had never held that kind of anger and openly showed it towards them. Actually, they don't think their Minato-sensei has ever been angry with them.

He stopped in front of them dominantly with a burning gaze and the two couldn't help but hold their heads low.

"Have you both gone mad? You LEFT Konoha without my permission and even returned with blood everywhere on you! Do you have any IDEA what you've gotten yourself into...!?"

His tone was unmistakable. Stone cold disappointment.

"To be honest, I expected this to happen more from you, Obito, but Kakashi..."

Minato shook his head and released a hard sigh.

"I-..." he paused. "I'm sorry."

That was the last thing he said before forcefully holding onto Kakashi's Konoha headband and pulled it off his forehead.

Kakashi and Obito's eyes widened.

"Wha-"

Minato also fished out Obito's headband that Kakashi took and hid in his pocket.

The two boys looked up at their sensei as the blonde held onto their headbands tightly. Shock was evident on their faces.

"Again, I'm sorry. But this has gone too far, and as Hokage..." he took in a deep breath. "...I will now take away your rights as Shinobi of this village."

Obito and Kakashi remained speechless.

Their pride, their ninja ranks, all terminated because they left the village without permission.

They stayed silent without protests, although their expressions said otherwise.

But just when Obito was about to say something, a med-nin jumped into their conversation with rush.

"I apologize, Hokage-sama! But the med-nin of Team Seven..." the three of them listened intently. "...is certain to live!"

Obito and Kakashi, with held breaths the entire time, brightened up and to them the dried blood on their garments and their loss of rank were disregarded.

Minato raised a brow.

"What are you-"

Jonins, Chunins and Genins came running in fast speeds towards their Hokage all of a sudden, asking rapidly about why the Mist Village declared a retreat from the war.

Minato frowned as his eyes shone with real confusion. "Why did- what!?"

Ninjas and civilians alike rushed to their Hokage and in seconds, the hospital was filled to the brim with the villagers and Shinobis.

Obito and Kakashi, among the crowd, were told to go back to their rooms as they are still in the process of healing.

They did not protest as they, too, wanted to rest after a long day of defiance to the village.

The two were led to their rooms and were left there until the next day to do as they please.

-----

Minato went back to his office with a stone of an expression.

Other than being disappointed with his students, and the knowledge that they somehow rescued Rin from death, the Mist Village suddenly decided to retreat. And for them to retreat all of a sudden was more than a surprise for the village who initiated it.

He sat down, and the mixed words he heard from the multiple people gave him a thought.

How was there a mass murder where Kakashi and Obito took Rin from?

-----

Tobi- Obito, went back to the tree where he saw his past self sneak out through the window.

The two where still up and talking with different expressions plastered on their faces, but the lights were closed. Right now he could only see in the dark because of his Sharingan.

Well that... He deactivated his Sharingan and continued to watch them in the darkness. Was a twist.

-----

Rin opened her eyes slightly and she saw a bright light shine upon her.

After that, she noticed multiple familiar med-nin's around as well, tending to her but she could not feel anything.

She thought she was dead, but it turns out not.

A tear slipped from of her eye as she closed it back.

I'm alive.