Ward 11: Save Me

"We used to say
"Ah Hell, we're young"
But now we see that life is sad
And so is love".

- Author: Kate Bush
🌼🌼🌼

Harix was roaming around again to check-up all his patients.

"Where is the patient in ward X nurse Stef?"

When he noticed his last patient was not there on her usual spot, he asked the nurse who was currently assisting him .

"Her step-mom came and discharged her"Nurse Stef answered her handsome doctor.She was being envied by many nurses inside the hospital because she was the secretary of the most alluring bachelor slash doctor slash handsome creature.

"The hell with that, who is she to do that?"

Nurse Stef was busy admiring her doctor and she was oblivious to the angry state of her boss because of the news.

"She is the guardian according to her"She answered calmly.She really didn't care whether Drayan would be discharged or not.
But she couldn't deny that she became happy when Drayan was forcefully discharged ,at least another rival was removed from the hospital.

"That patient still has a mother"
He knew a lot now about Drayan.He was forced to know everything about her because of Mr.Pura.He wanted to do something for the man.He wanted to fulfill his promise, and that was to cure the man's daughter.Although he didn't know where and how to start it since he was also busy on finding the right treatment for his baba.

"I don't know doc Rix, but she really insisted"

-_____

"She ran away?"

Harix didn't waste time,he rushed to the house of Mr.Pura.He thought he could find Drayan there but he was wrong.

"Yes" the widow replied to the handsome doctor.She didn't fathom why the doctor needed to put his nose in their family affair.Why did he need to come to his house to inquire about her crazy step-daughter.

"And you are still calm even if your ill daughter is outside?"Harix asked the widow unbelievably.He didn't like creating a bad impression, but based from what he was seeing right now was Drayan's story seemed similar to Cinderella.He concluded that Mrs.Parsa was the evil step-mom.

"I am also sad,I already searched everywhere, but I didn't find her," Mrs.Parsa answered with fake concern .

"You shouldn't get her there"

"The damage is done,there is no use on blaming me"

"What a heartless woman"
Harix's last words before he exited the simple abode. He couldn't get anything from the woman,so he rather found her by himself. While walking toward his car, an unknown person approached the doctor.

"Excuse me, are you Doc Harix?"

"Pardon?"Harix asked while pausing on opening his car.He was wondering how the man knew him.He knew he was popular, but he wasn't aware that he was not just popular to women but also to men.

"The doctor of my sister?"

"Your sister? Drayan?" The person's question heightened the doctor's curiosity.

"Yes she is my sister,we just have a 2-year gap"

"Where is she?" He abruptly asked because he was a man of haste, in fact he already wasted much of his precious time in looking for the insane woman.

"I...can we talk somewhere?"

________

The doctor asked the young man to enter his car and he drove where Drayan was residing.

And when they got out,Harix looked at the man suspiciously because he couldn't see any shadows of Drayan there.His eyes were full of wonder, in his mind he was asking if he was being scammed because the woman he was looking for couldn't be seen in that place.

Before he could say anything, the simple man spoke again.

"I want to tell you something important,I will not beat around the bush, can you save her?"

"She just needed to be treated in the hospital"
Harix simple answer.He was allergic to the word heroism;because this word was always attached to him.He was going to treat the woman,no saving thing would happen.What he was going to do was a normal thing.It was his job, no heroic act,no hyperbole.

"Doc,she was being discharged because our mom is planning something"Leo explained the evil scheme of Mrs.Parsa

Harix didn't produce any answer, but he moved his left eyebrow, a sign that he wanted the unknown man to continue

"She will marry her to the old gangster"

"Sorry to say this, but she is insane,nobody would want her" The doctor assured the ordinary man

"Yes, but even though she is insane, she is a girl, and you know those wild beasts they will devour everything as long as it has a flesh"

"What she is going through is not my concern" Harix's infamous annoyed tone was being thrown to Leo. He didn't need to know everything in fact, what he knew recently about the girl was already too much.He was a stranger, but the information he was getting was like he was the reincarnation of the dead Mr.Pura.

"But my Baba..I promise my Baba, but I am still in university,I have nothing right now, so I can't protect her"

"I repeat ,it has nothing to do with me"

"Then why are you here?"

"It's my job"

"It is because of Baba, right?he used to tell me about you"

"Let's just say,I made a promise to the dead"

"So you know how I feel?"

"Some sort of"

"I have 1 and half years before I will graduate and after that, I will become a neuropsychologist and after that, you can forward her to me, you are just going to be her guardian for a short period"

"I don't think I can bear that woman"His honest reply. If not for Mr.Pura he wouldn't dare to look for the woman and aside from Drayan his little bro was broken too because of the sudden death of his sensei.

"Please do, after I finish my study I promise I will get her, and we will not bother you forever,and of course, I will pay all the expenses you will incur for her"

"My money? What about my mental state? Forget it,where is she?" He would just decide for now and think about it later.He was tired ,his dopamine, hypothalamus,cerebrum, they were all dying for a rest already.

"She is in the park; inside the squash house"
Harix was about to leave and went there to get Drayan but Leo spoke again

"Thank you,thank you so much doc"

"I didn't agree to anything yet"

"But you didn't disagree either"

"You are cunning"

"I just care about her, and I am desperate"

"Save the drama and get her for me before your mom finds us"

"Uhhum okay, by the way, I am Leo,doc"

A/N

The use of the word reincarnation here has nothing to do with Islam.