Ward 14: Chase Me

"To get to Heaven you need to take a step at a time,
but to reach Hell, you just need to fall..."

- King
🌼🌼🌼

Harix was walking in the corridor of the light asylum, he was trying to find the room of Drayan. His abhi was not kind enough to escort him to his patient.But his next step was being stopped by a loud voice. He followed the voice and finally, his search for his patient ceased.

"Leave me alone!" Drayan screamed.

"Leave her alone"

The nurse recognized the famous doctor, so she immediately removed her hand from Drayan's arms but what she did was a wrong move because by the time she let go of Drayan's arms she immediately ran

Harix was shocked to see the sudden occurrence, but he still immediately rushed after her

Drayan was running fast,she was trying to be far away from the light asylum.The place was horrible,the patients there were worst.

They always fought each other and one time they almost hurt Drayan, but the good thing was doc Rick was on time to save her

This place was far from the noise of the city. A long drive was needed to reach it.It was like a quarantine facility that was built far from the people.

"Drayan!"

Harix was able to catch her, he was holding tightly to the back of her abaya, just like a pet owner who was holding a puppy

"I don't want to go back there, please"
Drayan scared voice resonated.She was begging and only a heartless human wouldn't feel her pain and fear.

"We will go home"
Harix comforted her.He knew that the asylum could disturb her mental state.His annem made his job even more complicated.She was being a burden lately to her son's work.

"I don't want to go back,I want to be with Nono,with Baba!" She cried hopelessly.

"How about we go first to my house ?"
Harix tried to propose a sensible solution.
This was their first encounter as patient and doctor.If before they were in the ward with many patients, nurses,and servants,now Harix was left alone with her on the road nearer to the light asylum.

He interacted with her during her stay in his house,but most of the job was being done by Harix's servant, but as long as you were not a threat to her,Drayan would just stay silent.That's what he learned on those past few days with the woman.

"Do you get me?" Drayan asked him.She knew no one got her. No one understood her.Only her nono and baba could understand her.

"Uh huh" Harix gave his patient an affirmative response.He was expert on dealing with his patients.Although he was used to cure people with physical pain,he had also studied how to cure someone with invisible pain.He was the best doctor and that was given,he was a behemoth on his profession.

"I want to die because they are dead"

"Astaghfirullah!"
He didn't know what to respond.Drayan was aware with the happening in her surrounding, but she was too weak to combat the pain and this reality made the doctor pitied the insane soul.

"Kill me,do-doc?please?" She sat on the road and then lied down as if she were expecting that Harix would pull out a gun from his coat and shoot her.Her imagination was brutally crazy, but that's how her mind worked.

"Okay let's go to an ice cream shop,"
Harix coolly said. He saved life,he healed,he didn't kill.To erase the dangerous thoughts from Drayan's mind, Harix decided not to dive in it.He decided to ignore Drayan's fatal request but instead diverted her attention to something positive.

"Ice cream shop? Can I die there?" Drayan asked confused,but still agreed because it sounded familiar

"Well we will see"

Harix's method was a no-brainer, but this was his technique every time Gon was mad at him. He assumed that Drayan's state was almost similar to a child. Therefore he knew that she would be easily enchanted with his method.

_______

When Drayan entered the ice cream shop together with her weird appearance(she had a veil or big scarf that molded on her head, but her black abaya was already dirty).
Almost all the customers looked at her ,although her feet were planted on that place she was not in the ice cream shop mentally ,her mind was wandering somewhere.

The shop was like what she always dreamed to see. From the seat to the waitress, they all looked like real ice cream.

The table-top was like a melting ice cream, while the feet of the table was like a cone.

Drayan could see ice cream everywhere.There was something in her that wanted to be joyful at that moment,so she smiled,Harix paused upon seeing the angelic face. The man couldn't deny the fact that a smile was the greatest makeup that a woman could wear,it made all girls beautiful, but then that smile didn't last long because she started to be confused again, but before he could run again the doctor immediately went to her and gave her the ice cream.

Drayan looked at the cold solid food for a moment and then after a long scrutinizing look she finally devoured it. It tasted familiar,she tasted the happy memories.It just so happened that what Harix bought was her favorite flavor.

The taste of ice cream gave her flashbacks of the good hidden memories.She remembered her nono buying her the dirty ice cream every time he fetched her from school.

👇

The decision to take care of Drayan was not easy to make, would the handsome doctor regret it? And how about Drayan ? Would she let the doctor in?