Ward 42 : Tell Me

"Hell is the inability to love".

— Leo Tolstoy
🌼🌼🌼

Harix went home after two nights of staying in the hospital.
Drayan immediately opened the door for him.

"Where have you been? You didn't accept my call"

"Pack your clothes" Harix said without answering his wife

"What's happening?" Drayan asked, unable to comprehend her husband's command

"I will send you home"

"Wa what,what about my debt? Are you going to absolve me, or you are going to divorce me because of what I had said that night?" Drayan guilty voice couldn't hide at the moment.She had the right to say those words, but she was still guilty for opening the topic that both of them got stung.

"Be ready after I take a bath we will go"
Harix stated while looking at the stairs.He was about to step on the staircase when his wife's voice illuminated again

"I don't know what's going on, can you please tell me?" She knew that her husband was in trouble or had some issues with his work.

Her guess was Harix had failed again to save his patient or had been blamed again for the loss of life.She needed to know and if Harix was in a difficult situation right now this was not the right moment to leave him, her husband needed her.

"I will be going to get you after I finish my work" Harix explained again,he was dying to take a bath,he could feel his dead cells screaming to be scrubbed.

"You will not going to divorce me?"

"Where did those words come from? Why are you giving so much meaning to the situation?" This time Harix had become irritated.He had no sleep,no bath and no change of clothes since last night,he really wanted to make Drayan stop her useless questions.

"Because you are not telling me anything"

"I can't go home in the future,I can't leave you here alone" and sometimes he was a cold-hearted husband, but his words and action always betrayed him.He didn't want to show he cared, but he couldn't hide that he didn't, because deep inside him was still the man who was in love with his wife.

"I can manage"

"No you will stay with your mom for a while"

"I am fine here"

"Now choose with me or with your mom?" This meant that he would bring Drayan with him.But he was not sure if he was ready to show to Drayan his fear and weakness.

"I"
"I would be glad to be with you, my darling,but I couldn't promise to be a gentleman"

Drayan almost chose him but because of his threat she automatically changed her mind.Harix intentionally gave the naughty question because he could see that the woman was willing to go with him,so he had no choice but to show his pervert side so that his wife would be disgusted again.

"I will ready my clothes"

"I told you so love"
Finally he won the argument, and finally he could take a bath. Since the woman regained her sanity, all she did was to question and challenge her husband.Harix thought dealing with insane Drayan was the most difficult thing to do but nay dealing with the real Drayan was worse.

----

After Harix sent Drayan to his mother-in-law's house,he went back to the hospital,and when he opened the door of his baba's room he saw a familiar face.The man was cleaning the face of his baba using the towel and warm water.

The first one to talk was the mysterious man.

"Rix?"

"Abhi?"

"I heard about our baba"
Leo started while putting the towel inside the basin,he put it aside and sat nearer to where Harix was standing.

"Yeah"

"Can I transfer here? So so that I can help you,I I also want to take care of him" he was not sure if Harix would agree and if Harix had already forgiven him.He knew that he was the reason why Harix and Drayan broke their marriage.

"Do you need to ask?"
Harix asked him, though that Leo had participated in ruining his marriage life,he was still thankful that Leo laid down the truth so that everyone could be freed from the dark past.

"Well I guess this is your territory" Leo answered with a tone of humility.

"Did you forget our bond?"

"You always told me what's yours is mine,and what's mine is yours"

"You still remember it?"

"Yeah, but I feel ashamed for ruining your marriage, for telling your dark secret to the woman you love"

"That's in the past"

"We have this present because of the past"

"Yeah but we can't undo it,but because of the present we can correct it"

"So I am welcome here?"

"You are always welcome in my family abhi"