Ward 19: Spy Me

"Paradise was made for tender hearts; hell, for loveless hearts".

-Voltaire

🌼🌼🌼
Harix was rushing when he entered the academy.The small drop of sweats were slowly forming on his forehead. His maestro noticed his restlessness while settling on the sofa.

"Are you okay son?"

"Yeah"Harix lied, but it was obvious that he was bothered with something

"Diego told me that you already noticed him"

Maestro Frank started to tell him about the information that might settle his anxious heart.

He was talking while serving his favorite student his favorite coffee.

"Diego?" Harix asked while holding the cup of his coffee.He was going to drink it, but stopped because of his maestro's statement.

"His disguise will be blown away now"

Maestro Frank's words were accompanied by a short laugh.

"Diego?Baba's.. Baba's right hand?"
Harix asked confused.He didn't get what his maestro was talking about but he knew that they would meet on the finish line of their conversation.

"I asked Diego to tail you,I mean I can disappoint the old man,I know you are already a man now but for us, you are always our rebel boy,I must still do my best to take care of you" His maestro said while tapping his back.
The maestro got another cup of coffee for himself and after this he also sat on the sofa.

"So it's Diego? Ya Rabb,I thought someone wanted to kill me" It wasn't obvious, but he felt relieved that it was just Diego and not a hired killer.

He couldn't pinpoint who wanted to kill him, after all ,as a doctor, he already killed many lives according to those people who were unable to accept the qadr of their family members.

"You know I need to do that,and sorry for not telling you"

"I understand"

"Why do you keep on visiting that house?"

"That is the house wherein.. we committed a sin"

"What sin son?"

"It was in the past"

It was in the past,but this past still kept him haunted.

"Is it about the girl?"

"How did yo?..." Harix wondered for a moment but immediately got the answer"baba"

"We share secrets,that is our you know,to ease the burden we carry , we must share our secret to the one we trust"

"You are right,it is nice to have someone that could keep your secret safe"
Harix said while trying to erase his abhi's face when he untied those words from his mouth.Erick was his confidant,but the holder of his secret became a stranger now.He wanted to forget his brotherhood issue for a while and solved it at the proper time.He also observed that Leo Erick was not ready yet to be comforted,he was not ready for reconciliation yet.

Harix had no idea of his Abhi's sudden apathy for his family,but he was sure that in the future,he would clear their foggy relationship.He decided to solve the first matter at hand because right now, his hands were full because of Drayan.

"It's dangerous to go there unless you are ready to take the punishment".
Maestro Frank was worried about Harix's safety.The heavy mistake they committed might demand to exchange his life as a payment.It was not safe for his nephew to patrol on the scene where the filthy thing happened.

"Seeing my baba on the deathbed is already a punishment,I went there to apologize"

The doctor was hoping that though what they did was a big sin,the old man who helped them would still spare their life and accept their repentance.

He also knew that what he was asking from the victim was a big favor,but just in case they would refuse to give their forgiveness,he was ready to receive their hatred because the doctor knew that he deserved it, he overly deserved it.

"So what happened?"

"The house is empty already,I mean it has been years, my baba was right if we followed him and asked for forgiveness immediately at least before the old man died we earned his forgiveness"
Another remorseful voice transpired from the doctor.

"The owner is dead?"
The maestro was shocked to know the sad information. His student was trying to redeem himself, but fate was cleverly playing with the young man.

"Yes,how cruel isn't it? I can only ask his forgiveness through prayer"
Harix answered while giving his maestro his thrift handsome smile.

"Yes,but at least prayer is not dead yet,what about the girl?"

"She is not there,his father brought her somewhere"

"You didn't know where?"

"I asked their neighborhood, but they didn't know,so since I graduated from Islamic Academy I keep on visiting that place hoping that I will find her there"

"Son,don't stop praying, just like how you don't stop visiting and then one day a miracle will happen"

"I hope so, maestro,in sha Allah"

👇

So, the doctor was ready to take the blame, but could he bear the heavy punishment?