Ward 17: Marry Me

"Marriage is neither heaven nor hell, it is simply purgatory".

Abraham Lincoln

🌼🌼🌼

When the sacred vow was being forced to you,would you still consider it a vow?

It was hard for Harix to fix his mind,but he was a brave man,a man of courage, but would this bravery be enough to join the old lady in her crazy scheme?

Harix was slowly buttoning the wedding clothes.His hair was still disheveled,he didn't comb it yet.Nothing on his being was excited about this special occasion.His happy hormones had been shut down since the crazy proposal.

And now he was imagining by the time they would say yes everything would be over.Another chapter of sacrifices would be opened, but it also signified another light for the two hopeless hearts.

"Son,pretty is here,he will comb your hair"

The old woman introduced the hairdresser to her busy grandson.

Harix just continued on buttoning the white clothing.

"Dear,I am sorry,but this is for your own good"Nana spoke gently again.

"I don't even know why I am agreeing to this Nana"Harix said bitterly while letting his feet entered the shiny black shoes.He was wearing now the Muslim traditional clothing.

He didn't really know why he agreed to it,maybe because he wanted to fulfill the promise as early as possible.

The responsibility he took was very heavy; it even cost his bachelor soul.This was the most expensive treatment he gave to his patient.

If his nana was right on giving this medicine,the marriage would be over after months or weeks. But if her nana was wrong on her diagnosis this treatment would take long or worst it would last forever.But they said forever didn't exist but for Harix wrong and bad decision could give eternal torture.

"Madaam!Madaam!"

"Why are you screaming, Brenda?"

"The bride didn't want to wear the white dress"

Nana gracefully stood up and walked to Drayan's room.She knew what to do with the girl,she treated her like a book, and she could confidently say that she was on chapter ten now on reading Drayan.

After the day she met her,she kept on visiting her.Drayan's behavior toward her was like when she was with her Nono. The old lady was kind,very compassionate, not far from her Nono's great qualities. That's why it was not hard for Drayan to get attached to the retired doctor.

Drayan was just looking for something familiar,something comforting and something safe.And she found it in Harix's home,in Harix's people and in Harix's Nana.

_______

After moments of struggle, everything settled down. The two hearts were officially tied, and the religious leader energetically declared the newborn husband and wife. Yes, this union gave birth to a new beginning but a death of a happy ending. No one knew who would survive in this battle of hearts.

Finally, the dream marriage came to reality but no one dream of this marriage, this was a curse marriage for the two scarred souls. No wedding entourage happened. No overdressed visitors, no fake eyelashes bride's maid and no extravagance party. Everything was simple. They just invited two witnesses, performed the nikah, forced the two hearts to dress in a white traditional clothing.And they allowed them to sit,and ask them to say some words and gave them the controversial pen and thumb mark to sign and seal the marriage.

The reaction of the bride was just surprising,she had no idea that she was already selling her soul but because of being amused to the decorations and food,she just did what Harix's Nana instructed her to do.But in every favor she would ask,she would offer food in which Drayan couldn't refuse.

Maybe this marriage could be considered null and void since Drayan was mentally incapacitated, and she had no guardian also to witness it.But the purpose of this marriage was to respect her,she might be insane, but she was still a woman.

This was Harix's Nana wanted to emphasize, whatever he would do to the woman, at least they did it in a halal way.

Harix was a doctor but also a man, just in case he went overboard to cure the woman, at least he would do it in halal way.

This was not meant that this marriage was to feed his desire,his Nana's wanted to confirm something and this was the grandson and grandma secret for now. Seemed like Harix was destined to become a man of secrets.

👇
And this contract with no strings attached would the mind win over the heart?