Broken Mask

While the rest of my classmates were excited, I saw Kushida's mask break. It was just for a moment, but I could tell that there was fear in her eyes. Private viewing used to be an option but you're not allowed to go during the session. You have to go before or after the session. This means that Kushida has to sit here, unable to run away as her mask gets shattered in front of the whole year.

I left the library and chased after Kushida. I wanted to thank for her working so hard to get the study group together and to apologize. Besides, I wanted to do everything possible to get along with such a cute girl, you know?

"You seem like a different person in these videos," Kei whispered to me.

"Kiyopon, why were you going to apologise to her?" Haruka asked.

"Hasebe, this was after our study session where sudo, Ike and Yamauchi and I had a falling out," Horikita responded and left Haruka to fill in the blanks herself.

Haruka nodded and let the video continue.

Whipping out my cell phone, I pulled up Kushida's contact information. Although it was my second time calling, I felt nervous about contacting her. The phone rang twice, then three times. However, she didn't pick up. Did she not notice me calling? Or was she refusing to answer it?

"You say you were unpopular, yet you have the most popular girl's phone number," Nagumo said trying to incite a response from me.

"She was just generous, that's all."

"Yeah. She was she gave her number to almost anyone whether they asked for it or not. Right Kushida?" Kobashi said.

"Hehe, yeah. You're right," Kushida said in a quiet voice.

"Kushida, you look a little pale, are you okay?" Her friend seemed concerned and leaned in to talk to her.

Kushida wasn't around campus, so I continued to search for her. When I got inside the school, I glimpsed someone who looked like Kushida from behind. It was already around six PM, so the only people here should've been involved in club activities. Well, this was Kushida we were talking about. She was probably waiting for one of her good friends to finish club stuff.

I decided to keep up the chase. If she were busy, I'd talk to her again later. Bearing that in mind, I pressed on. I took out a pair of indoor shoes from the cubicles in the hallway but didn't see Kushida. Had I lost her? I thought I had until I heard the faint clack of shoes.

"Hey kushida, why were you out so late at night?" Mori asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to clear my head that's all," Kushidas voice was comparable to a whisper at this point.

I followed her up the stairs to the second floor. The sound of footsteps continued up to the third floor. The next level after that was the roof, wasn't it? Students were free to use the roof during lunchtime, but it should've been locked after class. While I thought it strange, I went up the stairs, trying to hide my presence as best I could in case she was meeting someone. Then, I stopped partway.

"This is twice you've been following people. Are you a stalker Ayanokouji?" Matsushita said in a teasing tone.

"I was just interested to see why she was out so alone at night. That's all."

"That makes sense," she seemed to be satisfied with my answer.

Someone was up there.

I gently leaned against the handrail and peeked through a crack in the rooftop door. Through the opening, I glimpsed Kushida. No one else was with her. Was she waiting for someone?