Interlude: Desperation won't save you

Yagami POV:

Five minutes, just five more minutes, and I can begin the first move. I don't know what this feeling is. Anxiousness? Excitement? Maybe even a mix of both. I'm sitting here in the cafe without having ordered anything, just waiting for them to walk in. This one is a little farther away from the usual places students go to after school, so there are only a few other students here. I assume they just have the idea of getting away from the crowds.

Although I'm sure that in a week or two, this place will become the new trend and these souls will have to wander elsewhere.

And then, I heard a bell ring.

"Ah, no thank you, the person I'm meeting is already here."

I turned around to find the leader of class B from the second year, Ichinose Honami. She wasn't wearing anything too out of the ordinary, just a plain white shirt with a brown coat and some plain pants. As I called her over and she sat down, the meeting begins.

I heard the bell again, meaning another person had come in, but I didn't pay any attention to it.

"Why did you call me out here on such short notice, Yagami?" Ichinose asked as her eyes wandered the menu.

"You see, there's been something on my mind for a while now. I was wondering if I could ask you about it, Ichinose," I told her nonchalantly.

Although she didn't respond instantly.

"I noticed it before, but I can't contain my curiosity anymore. Why don't you use honorifics? You did before, but then stopped suddenly," Ichinose asked out of the blue.

"Oh, I did stop, huh?"

It's a sign of respect. But in all honesty, there are very few people in this school to who I would give my respect.

Although that wasn't the only reason. I stopped when I noticed Ayanokouji looking over at me when I didn't use them. Maybe I thought of it as a way to get his attention.

"I don't mind it, honestly, so don't force yourself," Ichinose told me.

"I guess that's that. So back to my question," I concluded that conversation and steered back to the main topic.

"I see. It must have been important then, or maybe you just couldn't contain yourself to ask the question," Ichinose called over the waiter as she finished the sentence.

She ordered a coffee and a pastry. I didn't really want to think, so I just asked for the same thing as her. As the waiter left, we could continue.

"Don't worry, it isn't some form of confession or anything of that sort," I chuckled.

Ichinose looked at me blankly.

"I wasn't thinking of that, to be honest with you, but I'm glad we're on the same page," Ichinose awkwardly chuckled.

We were both showing superficial masks. This was the norm. We aren't close by any means, just people who work together on the council.

"I would like to offer my services and work for your class," I began.

Ichinose's eyes widened at my proposal, not expecting such a thing. However, a moment later, she began to speculate. She isn't an idiot, she knows that I wouldn't do this out of the goodness of my heart.

"And what would you like in return? Your wording was peculiar. It wasn't 'I would like to partner with your class' it was that you would work for us," Ichinose stated as she eyed the meal that was just brought to her.

"Ah, well, that's another matter. However, before we get to that, I'd just like to elaborate on what I give you. If another case like the partner's exam arises, we'll ally with you for no cost whatsoever. Think of my class B as your unconditional ally," I stated with a warm smile plastered on my face.

Revelation Of An Ordinary LifeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara