April fools: I showed them 5% of my darkness

It was odd, I had woken up just as normal. My day went on as usual, nothing odd, nothing weird. The breakfast I had tasted the same, the milk wasn't expired, and my clothes were the same as usual. I walked to school and the weather was just as expected, and as I walked into the classroom, the people around me looked the same as they usually do.

And yet, I felt as if something was eerie, like something dramatic had changed.

Perhaps I'm just dramatic.

Soon, we entered the gym and it looked the exact same, but I was called aside by Chabashira for a moment before I went to my seat.

Chabashira: Ayanokouji, please take these cards. Think of them as a checklist.

"What?" I stated as I took the cards.

Chabashira: No matter, just take them.

With those frankly meaningless words, I went to my seat.

"Today, we'll be revisting a rather favourite of mine."

Revisiting? Do we see a video we've already seen? How odd.

Perhaps my earlier odd feelings were right, this is going to be a weird day.

Near a large tree lay a muddy Horikita. She'd collapsed, unconscious. A single keycard lay on the ground near her hand. On her injured body were traces of excavated soil. After examining the situation, I confirmed that more people than Ibuki had discovered Horikita's position as leader. After picking up the keycard, I lifted Horikita into my arms.

What? This again?

Sudo: It should've been me! Bastard Ayanokouji.

Why was he being so mean? Is he sick?

Ike: Why do we have to watch you again? What about Kikyo-chan?!

Now, this is just weird, Kushida isn't on good terms with anyone. Did she do something with Ike?

"Ngh..."

Horikita let out a small sound. Slowly but surely, her eyes fluttered open.

"Are you awake?" I asked.

"Ayano...kouji-kun?"

She sounded dazed, as if she couldn't understand the situation.

"Agh... My head...hurts..."

"You have a high fever. Don't push yourself."

"I see... I-Ibuki-san... But, why are you here?"

Even if I told her to sleep, Horikita wouldn't listen, all while her fever grew worse. She started to understand the situation little by little.

"I knew it...Ibuki-san stole my card."

"I see."

"I can't be dumber than Sudou-kun and the others."

Ryuuen: Kukukukukukukuku. But you are.

Sakayanagi: Fufufufufufufu, that's very true. You're nothing but a failure.

Sudo: You bastards, how the hell do you treat Suzune that way?!

I looked over at Kei, who seemed rather normal.

"Is something off, Kei?" I asked.

Kei, blushing intensely: N-no, nothing weird is going on.

Why was she so flushed? I didn't say anything weird. Even with my limited knowledge of romance, nothing should have happened.

"I see, nevemind then," I told her.