A Bet With Added Paranoia

Walking into the auditorium, I saw Kiriyama there, looking like he always does. Nothing had changed, he didn't get an expulsion. It seems that he didn't even get a suspension, how odd.

There was no change in the status quo, which proves the suspicions I had. Nagumo simply doesn't care. At first, I believed this was just about fighting me, but his statements only began to grow more devoid of passion. It was clear that he had resigned himself to graduating in class A without a grand battle, but there was still a possibility it could have been an act, but since Kiriyama is still here, it means that my suspicions were true.

While Kiriyama could have gotten penalties I may not know about, the possibility is unlikely considering he went against Nagumo. If it was a Nagumo who was still boastful and full of ambition, I believe that he would show no mercy to Kiriyama.

Like a king without ambition to conquer, that's who he now was.

I was the person who led him to this, I understand that.

"Welcome back, all. This video takes place during the mixed training camp that happened right after winter break. The students were tasked to create a group, this takes place just after Ayanokouji had formed his. Enjoy."

I see, if I remember correctly, Nagumo had a proposal to make.

I also wonder if... No, just thinking about it is annoying.

And with that, my group was also determined.

From Class C there's "Kouenji", "Keisei" and "me". The three of us.

From Class B there's "Sumida", "Moriyama" and "Tokitou". The three of them.

From Class A there's "Yahiko" and "Hashimoto". The two of them.

And then from Class D there's "Ishizaki" and "Albert". The two of them.

10 people in total.

It's clearly unlike the four groups composed mainly of students from one's own class. Still, I suppose that other group Akito's in charge of is the same.

"It's funny that you're grouped with people who probably piss their pants when they see you. Well, one of them at least," Hosen chuckled.

"Is that weird? Who wouldn't be?" Ishizaki stated bluntly.

Weirdly enough, Ishizaki took Hosen's insult in stride and chose to pick it apart.

"Yeah, that's true. Your leader that apparently never felt fear was pissing himself too," Hosen insulted.

"It doesn't mean a lot from a person who's never experienced it," Ryuuen retorted.

"I'm not opposed to it, get that through your head," Hosen pointed to his head and stated.

"Doesn't change what I said. Big talk coming from a person who never had to face it," Ryuuen shrugged.

Two people that can be so similar at times, but also seem to despise each other.

However, there's still a problem with this group I've ended up joining. That is the fact that we still have yet to choose our leader.

I don't think we have any leader type students to actively seek out the title of leader in our group.

Since there isn't anyone here to take the initiative and guide us to a consensus, our group was overcome by an atmosphere of being unable to say anything.

Either way, we first have to report to the school that we've formed our group. We can afford to appoint our leader afterward. As the sixth group, the 10 of us headed over to make our report.