Preperations

It was a routine now.

I would get up, get dressed and do everything I normally would, but I didn't bring any of my school materials to the place they belonged. I left the textbooks at home, the pens and pencils right next to them. I left the house with nothing but my phone to accompany me.

I walked to school with nobody bothering me. While I don't mind being with someone, it's still a nice feeling to go someplace without anybody.

The White Room, the year with Matsuo and now here, I always fell into a routine. That's natural, of course. All people want some sense of stability and familiarity. However, it wasn't the routine itself that gave me a sense of stability, it was the fact that I had a routine at all.

It made me feel a little more normal.

It was my birthday tomorrow. Last year I didn't think anything of it. But now I wonder what would happen.

I got to the class and we went to the gym as usual. With every passing video, the climax of this conflict gets closer and closer.

"Everyone's here? Good. Let's being. This takes place two hours before the previous one."

Then I assume that it would go back to my perspective.

Chabashira-sensei gave Class D an explanation regarding the essentials of the winter vacation.

"Over the winter vacation, a portion of the school is scheduled for renovation so it will be off limits. Make sure to keep that in mind. And also, all club activities will be suspended after the closing ceremony today. Be sure to head back as soon as you're able to."

Our teacher explained only the bare minimum to us. But for some reason, she silently looked around the class. And no matter how long we waited, she did not signal the end of class.

Feeling numb at this point, Ike raised his hand.

"What's the matter, sensei?"

"I'm sure there are students already aware of it but you can assume that your promotion to Class C is all but guaranteed. Well done."

"Who are you?" Hoshinomiya playfully asked.

"W-Woah, you actually gave us honest praise. Isn't this a rarity?"

It's not just Ike, I'm sure the rest of the class feels the same way.

"Don't get complacent. If you cause trouble during the winter vacation, it may have an effect on your class points. Make sure you act properly as a student even over the long holidays."

After saying that, Chabashira-sensei concluded our second semester.

Some of the second years began reminiscing on their second semester.

"This really is an unusual sight, Chabashira-sensei reprimanding us gently, I mean."

"Maybe so."

There's no doubt that she added the warning to not cause trouble as a follow up. While putting my textbook back into my bag, I looked in Karuizawa's direction.

And when I did, she turned to look at me while still in the middle of a conversation with the other girls.

This morning, I had received a single mail from Karuizawa at the address I gave her for emergency use.

That something came up regarding the incident with Manabe's group and that she had been called out to the rooftop at 2 o'clock today.

"You knew the exact time as well?" Hashimoto questioned.