Cast off

"It sure is starting to get cold, huh?"

My voice was drowned out by the gusts of wind. Each breath that I took was accompanied by the visible air. It's the 15th of October and the weather took a sudden change. The weather 2 days ago and today were incomparable.

Many students were with coats and gloves trying to beat the cold, but the only thing they were supposed to do is get to the school as quickly as possible.

I got into class and simply waited while looking through my phone until Chabashira arrived. As we were taken to the gym I could feel the heat from the many well-placed heaters in every corner of the hall.

"Another 2 videos today, let's begin."

When I left the reception office, I saw Chabashira-sensei waiting a slight distance away for the conversation to be over.

I gave her a bow and tried to walk past her but she started walking while matching my stride.

"How was your confrontation with your father?"

"It's pointless to try investigating so clumsily. I already understand everything."

"...What do you mean by you have realized everything?"

"Chabashira-sensei. I'm saying that everything you've told me are basically lies."

"Oh ho, this is good already," Ryuuen chuckled.

"What are you talking about?"

"You mean be trying to hide your unrest but it's not very subtle."

The way she's looking at me, her speech and the way she's choosing her words. It's only slightly off but still different from the usual her. She's trying to hide her emotions to the best of her ability but it doesn't look like she can hide her unrest entirely.

"That man never contacted you, Chabashira-sensei. Of course, he also didn't force you to make me quit school."

"I quite like this side of you, Sae," Hoshinmiya giggled.

"I didn't think you would enjoy your good friends worry so much," Sakayanagi smirked.

"I'm not happy at all. All that interests me is that this is a side that she never brings out. I like seeing a new side to my friend," Hoshinomiya warmly smiled.

A sudden laugh grabbed the attention of the room.

"Oh, my god. You're serious? Bullshit," Kushida laughed.

"What's so funny?" Hoshinomiya was still smiling but that smile didn't reach her eyes.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. Honestly, your little feud is just pathetically funny to me, but this is just sad," Kushida chuckled.

Hoshinomiya's face tightened, "I'm sorry. I didn't think you disliked me that much."

"Wait. If his father didn't convince Sensei to convince the school, then what happens?" Ike asked.

All eyes were on Chabashira now, but she didn't say anything. She looked completely stone-faced when facing the cumulative stares of the student cohort.

"No, your father asked me for help. In fact, just like what I told you, I've been constantly trying to get you expelled."

My father certainly is giving me pressure to drop out. But judging from his attitude, it's clearly the first time he's set foot in this school. Since I have no solid evidence I can't offer a refutation either but him making contact with a teacher is just a laughable story.