Investigating Sudo

"Well, now that your break is over, let us begin. For context, this is right after Class D found their witness from Sudo's trial known as Sakura Airi."

"Who's that?"

"I don't know, I've ever heard of her before."

It wasn't surprising that most students didn't know that Airi existed. She was practically invisible to the school much like I was a few days ago.

"Who's Sakura?" asked Amikura.

"She's a student in our class," Horikita answered.

"It's pretty bad that you guys had a class D student as your witness," It was a voice unknown to the school. It was a girl known as Tsubaki from class C of the first years.

"What do you mean?" Mori asked

"Well, she was a class D student in a situation that involved a Class D student. Wouldn't most people believe that she was lying to help her classmate?" She explained.

"I guess you're right. If I was in a different class, I would think like that," Mori pondered.

"Sakura-san."

"...W-What...?"

The girl with the glasses and the hunched back looked up listlessly. It looked like she didn't expect someone to call out to her, since she was panicking

"Do you have time, Sakura-san? I want to ask you something about Sudou-Kun's case..."

"S-Sorry, I... have plans, so..."

She averted her eyes; it was obvious that she was feeling uncomfortable. Talking to other people does not seem to be her strong point. Or rather, it felt like she didn't like talking to other people.

"Kiyopon, don't you think that you were stretching your logic a little?" Haruka said.

"A-Actually, he wasn't that far off," Airi said quietly.

"You don't like talking to people?" Haruka asked.

"It's not like that. It's more like I just wasn't used to it, so I didn't like it," Airi said a little flustered.

Airi wasn't like Haruka who stayed alone out of choice. She was afraid of others. She couldn't interact with people and that led to her being isolated. Most people would probably just think that Airi was someone socially inept and while they weren't wrong Airi's fear of what others might do or say was what caused her to develop that inability to communicate.

"Can you take some time? I really want to talk because this is important. During Sudou-kun's incident, were you nearby by any chance..."

"I-I don't know. I already said this to Horikita-san, but I don't know anything..."

Her words were frail, but she denied it strongly. Kushida, also seeing how unwilling she was, probably didn't want to push it too far. Although she looked confused at first, she immediately went back to smiling. But even then, she wasn't willing to withdraw so easily. After all, this person will greatly affect Sudou's case.

"Is... it fine if I go back now..."

Kushida was once again glared at. This time, it was mostly by Haruka. The resentment stemmed from the fact that Kushida was being fake to a asocial person like Airi.

"What do you mean 'hiding something'?" Keisei asked.

"It was just something I noticed about her behaviour."