The Father's Enforcer

Yagami POV:

This ship really is a waste of money.

All this money, all this time spent, for what? A place for teenagers to be lazy while they hide behind the guise that they go to a school that people think is elite? All this effort is spent to cultivate leaders and they just seem to create waste. The output they've produced is disproportional to the input.

Opening the glass door, I laid eyes upon the room.

The room he called me to had a similar size to those karaoke rooms back in the school. Unlike those rooms, however, this one was quite boring. It was that soulless soft white that painted the walls, and the only thing that illuminated the space was some sunlight that peeped through the windows.

Scattered through were some fold-up tables. Probably for discussion. The accompanying chairs look more like the school cheaped out a little since it was just hard plastic on some wheels. There was a small kitchen area in the corner room, with cupboards standing tall. A small fridge and a sink.

All in all, pretty boring.

The only rather unique thing about this room was that the front possessed a large desk that seems to be made of rather sleek, handcrafted wood. It gave off this sheen of sophistication. No matter how elegant it looked, though, it doesn't change how out of place it seems.

Sitting down on the chair that resided right in front of that enigmatic piece of furniture.

"Hello there," Tsukishiro told me as he walked in.

Positioning himself on the luxury desk he began to speak once again as he glanced at me with that same expression as always

"I'll be leaving by tomorrow when we arrive back at school."

Ichika's already gone, so I suppose it makes sense why I'm the only one listening to this.

"So since you're going, it's up to me, huh?" I stated speculatively.

I've had something on my mind for a while now.

"Yes. I trust that you'll try your hardest to take back Ayanokouji. You're the only one who can do it now," Tsukishiro informed me.

I nodded. After that response, there was a lull in the conversation.

So he failed, huh? I had never trusted the man in front of me. He just left me wondering about his machinations after every conversation, but recently, I wondered something.

After today, it's possible we'll never see each other again. So why not speak my mind for once?

"Do you want to speak without this farce? Since we're both likely not going to see each other ever again, let's speak freely," I told him bluntly.

Tsukishiro possessed this awfully eerie smirk on his face.

"Is that what you want? You really are a demanding kid," Tsukushiro stated as he went to get a drink from the fridge.

He got out what I presume is wine and poured it into his glass. Then he got another glass and poured some water into it and placed it in front of me.

"If you wanted to speak without any masks, it must mean that you had something to say. So go ahead," Tsukishiro stated as he took a drink from his glass.

"You know, I've had a thought this entire time."

As I spoke, I placed my pointer finger on the base of the glass and began to push it.