A Sea of Irrationality

It didn't even take a day for it to travel across the school. There were some discrepancies between each time the message was heard, but nonetheless, there was one thing that was in common through all the rumours.

The removal of Nagumo Miyabi as president.

I know why this happened, I was the catalyst. I chose to take out 2 birds with one stone when I dealt with Ichinose that day, and I knew what the ripple effect would be.

"So, Ayanokouji, what need do you have for an appointment with me?" Nagumo asked.

In between videos, there is a day of regular schooling. Tomorrow we'd see the next video, but I can't push it off to that day, simply because there's too much of an opening.

"So how do I refer to you now? I can't really call you the president now, can I?" I asked him, dismissing his question.

With a sigh, he rested his cheek on his knuckles.

"I have been stripped of the title, and I'm still the president in name only. Think of me as a placeholder, but I don't think you came to talk to the student council president, correct?" Nagumo asked with a piercing gaze.

"How intuitive. Yes, you're correct, I came to talk to Nagumo Miyabi, not a member of the student council. When will you decide the next one?" I asked.

"After this batch of videos is done. The day between those two will be the one where I decide. Why, did you want to plead for Horikita to be the next president?" Nagumo asked indifferently.

"Not at all. There is something I wish for, however," I told him bluntly.

Nagumo didn't look fazed.

"What else did I expect? Though, you know I don't give handouts, correct? You're not an idiot, so what did you have in mind to give me?"

"Ichinose."

"You're not funny," Nagumo sighed.

It seems he didn't like my attempt at a dark joke.

Although I know what he wants, I know this will get me what I desire. The best method of deduction is psychological, and out of everyone in this school, there are none who can match me.

"Very well. When the time is right, I'll go against you in a special exam. I'll give you the challenge, or defeat, that you wish for," I told him.

His eyes widened as if he had seen a ghost. It was as if a miracle had happened in front of him, something so unlikely, it goes against his very state of being.

And then, he laughed.

"Ha! You sure say some interesting things. I really didn't expect such a thing, but I can't refuse you now. What's your condition?" Nagumo looked at me with excitement.

In Nagumo, a fire has always been burning. A raging fire that can spread to anyone nearby. When one works with him, one may feel an intense abundance of confidence. In this way, he is the kindling and the world is the wood, ready to be ignited. However, recently, this fire had grown weak and nearly withered away.

Though it hadn't disappeared.

"That's pleasant to hear. What I need you to do is pick the student council president according to my request," I responded his fiery eyes with my usual blank ones.

"And that person is?"

"Yagami Takuya."

Nagumo looked astonished.

"Not Ichinose or Horikita, but that first-year, huh? Can I at least hear the reasoning?" Nagumo asked.

Indeed, it was something that made no sense to him. However, it was necessary to give Yagami this precipice of power.